Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird security events this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I woke this morning I had a bunch of 1 minute or less recordings on my dash cam. They started at 5:50 and went until 7:15. I counted 95 video clips in total.

In some of the videos you can see the headlights were flashing as can be seen in this image.

and

Any idea what would cause this? Also I have sentry turned off while at home but it seems to be recording anyway. And my home appears to be set in the navigation app.

When I woke this morning I had a bunch of 1 minute or less recordings on my dash cam. They started at 5:50 and went until 7:15. I counted 95 video clips in total.

In some of the videos you can see the headlights were flashing as can be seen in this image.

and

Any idea what would cause this? Also I have sentry turned off while at home but it seems to be recording anyway. And my home appears to be set in the navigation app.
You might want to take thumb drive out, plug it in to a desktop and empty the “saved clips” folder. I was getting > 100 events a night. I call the clips remnants. They come in bunches. Are you using a ssd drive?

Sometimes if your garage is far off the street car might not recognize that location as home. I’m not sure how to correct that. My car did that first day I had it, but it seems fine now.