Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

well I find this interesting:-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 months ago I paid £58k for a 2014 (December) P85 with AP1 and all extras but no kiddy seats.(30000 miles) It is black with turbines etc and LOVELY!!

I recently thought about trading for Model X but maths did not work as Tesla offered me £42k. I thought "blimey, what a waste of money 4 months ago!" but today I see a P85 Plus but No AP 1 on Tesla site (2014/ 36k miles) at £61200! I am now thinking I got a bargain:)

Basically Tesla do not want any more old Model S's as they have enough and the 2 or 3 year old cars represent a MUCH better deal than a new one (IMHO).

I think Tesla UK have a problem as savvy UK buyers will get a 2 or 3 year old car with all the extras for ½ the price of a new one which is not that much different! Personally I have no need for a 100D and feel a 75 battery is just not big enough so I am VERY happy with my purchase which I will keep for at least 3 years when I hope to get an X90D for about £40k!

Are Tesla in a bit of a pickle?

I agree the cpo cars are a great bargain if you shop carefully. Hard to know what Tesla's long term plan is. If full self driving ever arrives for AP2 cars,I imagine that will drop the value of AP1 cars. who knows when FSD will happen or if it will take AP2.5 or AP3 or ? Before it's a reality.