Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, my Model S is totalled now :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a spider that lived in my LEAF's side view mirror for at least a week or so. It would build a small web from the mirror to the door overnight. Then when I would start driving it would of course start blowing around in the wind. The first day I thought it eventually got knocked off when I got on the interstate. But no, it just crawled back into the mirror housing until the next night when it would start over with a new web. It was quite impressive (and also a much much smaller spider than the one in the OP's picture).

That happened to my 4th grade class. We found a black widow and egg sac and put them in a jar with tiny holes in it. A few days later, the baby spiders hatched and were able to get out and we were all swatting at them as they crawled on our arms during class. I would hate for that to happen inside a car! lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it didn't deposit a bunch of spider eggs somewhere in the interior which will hatch one day while you're driving and flood the interior with baby spiderlings ... because that would be truly awful.

Best to just have it towed away at this point.

I had one of the first-generation 13" white Macbooks... one of those red spider mites laid an egg in the CPU vent and for the next few weeks we would see them crawling all over the computer.

The problem I continue to have with Model S is ants - they love electricity and keep swarming my HPWC connector when the car is plugged in and charging.

The first two times I charged at home in my garage, I saw tiny white spider like insects on my hot charging cable up to the charge port and surrounding fender. I made a wooden plank with wheels that holds my cable off the garage floor by a couple inches while charging and have never seen the insects again. Not sure if the heat or electricity was attracting the insects. I saw a friend's Model S with a lot of ants in the center console floor area; not sure if because of food debris or other reason.

Well I feel like I should report that it was fixable after all. I swished it off and the car was as good as new!

In other news I was doing some yard work and saw another wolf spider about 4 inches across. I seem to be fostering a new subspecies of monster.