Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wellington delivery center soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got that email too. Strange that 2 weeks ago there was no hint of it, and Wellington buyers were recommended to collect in Auckland...
And me, although I wanted it dropped off in Levin where I live, so now I got to go to Wellington, guess it will be the worst weather event on that day just to hack me off. No doubt it will save them time and money. I wonder where the cars will be stored, don't look like much room at Wellington, unless there is another place other than where we went for a test drive.

I’m guessing that wellington and lower NI cars will still get sent to Auckland first and then trucked down before getting prepared locally.

On the bright side, you’ll receive a clean, charged car compared to the mess we got via delivery truck.
I collected from Auckland collection place near airport last September got car with scratches and only 25% battery probably as level 3 lockdown... so there are always reason (like weather event) making you get that not so new uncharged car.

How has the experience been of picking a new Tesla up?
Last September it wasn't as good.... few minutes in-out contactless collection...
This time around it's suppose to be better, still more or less contactless with limited interaction with people.
If you are lucky and picking up at Auckland office location (recently saw delivery bays) then it's most likely charged properly thanks to many free and super chargers.

Overall not bad... something similar to online shopping, from buying to collecting the car.

I have received an email about this but no VIN, before this email my estimated delivery date was TBD and after this email it’s changed back to Nov-Dec. I have placed my order on 7th of July for Model Y, looking forward to see more updates.🙂
Yes on my app estimated delivery date showed up as Aug to Nov now. No vin yet I ordered on first day of MY launch but around 7pm.