Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have a 2023 MY in Wellington?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a 2023 Model Y and want to help a potential new buyer?

I am dead keen to buy a model y, but the only one I can test drive is a 2022, which was prior to the new suspension, which is referred to the comfort suspension.

Is there anyone in Wellington that would be happy to take me for a drive to see how the 2023 suspension feels compared to the 2022.

I rented a 2022 to check last weekend and had for two days , was nice but a little rough ride and harsh. Seems the new suspension irons it out a bit and keen to see.

Tesla only test drive 2022 at the moment which is nuts so thought would ask!

Thanks in advance .

Once I sort this out then there is the HW4 issue to resolve but one thing at a time

You're going to be waiting a while for HW4. It is only on Performance and Long Range models shipping from Fremont and even then, only a select few MY.

Shanghai is still doing HW3 and you also still have USS from Shanghai whereas Fremont is now vision only. Personally USS is far superior than vision.

I have a 2023 MYP from Shanghai and do not have the Comfort suspension either... so if you're dead keen just do it. Waiting for the next big thing is an endless cycle... you'll never end up buying.

Not super worried about hw4 as won’t be paying 10k for fsd for nz, as roads won’t work for it I am sure, but suspension, I will wait for. The ride was average
If you meant that FSD is useless for NZ roads, I disagree... I used FSD since received my M3 in 2021, almost religiously with it's faults and favourites... and can confirm that I drive manual only 10-20% of times for city as well as intercity trips - even on zig-zaggy mountain routes.

It's not perfect, but it's few folds better than when I started using in 2021. long way to go, but good enough to trust more than 80% of times. Some daily repetitive routes you can even take a nap if you wish to, it's that reliable now.