Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the same text from 09/17 too - 3 - 8 days

08/26 - Ordered Red LR AWD / black 19in wheels
09/02 - 2-4 weeks update text
09/17 - 3-8 days update text
09/22 - 3-8 days update text

Still shows 3-8 weeks from order placed date on the web. No Vin assigned.
Called Rocklin Delivery center. Was told that two trucks had arrived today that could have my car.

Woke up this morning with some awesome news! VIN assigned, made down payment and official Lending Agreement is available (MVPA). Pick up scheduled for this Saturday 9/26.

September 5th Order Placed
September 6th Website "Estimated delivery: Sept 12 - Septemeber 26"
September 9th Text: Tesla update "We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 3 weeks from today
September 9th Website changed: "Estimated delivery 2 - 4 weeks from order placed"
September 17th Text: Tesla update "We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 6 - 13 DAYS from today
September 22nd Called Tesla, delivery scheduled.
September 22nd Website updated with delivery time and schedule
September 22nd Text: "We expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 1-2 days"
September 23rd Website updated with VIN, Final payment, and Lending Agreement

So last week and this week a lot of cars are being picked up. It seems like there have not been many issues. Most of the the comments seem positive. With only minor scuffs or so to report. I'm picking mine up later today and I'm super excited. How through have people been lately with check lists? It seems like the quality has gotten better. I don't want to be so excited and miss something.
So did you get your car yesterday???????

Well... the outage this morning certainly isn't going to help those of us waiting to get cars. Sounds like deliveries for today are getting delayed. I would not want to be on the receiving end of Elon on this one...
This makes me a bit nervous. I was told that if my car doesn’t arrive by the 30th, then it will be pushed to the first week of December. Granted, I was told that my car would be loaded up on the 27th and I should get it a day or two later...

I'm at the delivery center now and they said i can take delivery despite system issues.
Id say call your delivery center if you have an appointment today.
Will report back later on how mine goes.

I am picking up my vehicle tomorrow, so hopefully the system comes back up by then. I am paying through ACH for the full amount but if I cannot access my account, not sure how I will be able to make the Payment.

I am picking up my vehicle tomorrow, so hopefully the system comes back up by then. I am paying through ACH for the full amount but if I cannot access my account, not sure how I will be able to make the Payment.
I'm picking up mine from Buena Park tomorrow as well. Made the payment yesterday.
You can try a cashier's check if the system isn't up by tomorrow. Just call them and ask them for your options.

Just thought I would remind everyone to be attentive when taking delivery. I just had a home delivery of my SR+ in WA today and logged two pretty noticeable paint issues.

1. "Fisheye" from contamination during the paint process, with discoloration patch around the center.

PXL_20200923_175333729~2.jpg

2. Paint chip near driver's side wheel.

PXL_20200923_174859045.jpg

It was cloudy and raining out so hard to do a thorough inspection and don't know if there are any more.

Also couldn't log into Tesla app/account all morning due to issues with Tesla servers.

I'm at the delivery center now and they said i can take delivery despite system issues.
Id say call your delivery center if you have an appointment today.
Will report back later on how mine goes.

Are you at the Colma delivery center? I would be curious if there are a lot of cars there. He said there was not a lot of inventory in the Bay Area. Still no reply from my SA about the 3-8 day text yesterday. ...and no change to my page.

Are you at the Colma delivery center? I would be curious if there are a lot of cars there. He said there was not a lot of inventory in the Bay Area. Still no reply from my SA about the 3-8 day text yesterday. ...and no change to my page.

I picked up at Colma. There were a lot of vehicles in the lot but not an overwhelming amount. I'd like to say around 50. There was also several pickups actively coming in and out with more vehicles.

As for delivery, it went well. I kind of got tricked into signing the paperwork before I could inspect the car fully but thankfully there were no issues except a few paint scratches, which were promptly fixed by the on-site detailing team.

I picked up at Colma. There were a lot of vehicles in the lot but not an overwhelming amount. I'd like to say around 50. There was also several pickups actively coming in and out with more vehicles.

As for delivery, it went well. I kind of got tricked into signing the paperwork before I could inspect the car fully but thankfully there were no issues except a few paint scratches, which were promptly fixed by the on-site detailing team.

That's encouraging. I will admit to understanding their logistical challenges while still be completely frustrated that my schedule for the next 7 days hinges on when I get a call. Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on the new car!

Reactions: NC33
That's encouraging. I will admit to understanding their logistical challenges while still be completely frustrated that my schedule for the next 7 days hinges on when I get a call. Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on the new car!
I called about 3 dealerships yesterday, the one I placed the order, Burbank(where my initial pick location was going to be) and Glendale, which has nothing to do anything other than being another dealership. The first two, basically were reading something off a script. Sounded like Michael Scott, if I am being frank. Glendale, asked for my number, and the guy said that my car will be loaded up on the 27th. Now, I’m not sure how he knew that, but he gave me something other than “You should get your car by the 30th” routine. Maybe, you should give them a call, it gave me something.

Me and you are in the same boat, as are a couple other people. We continue to wait and look around confused.

“Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives."

I called about 3 dealerships yesterday, the one I placed the order, Burbank(where my initial pick location was going to be) and Glendale, which has nothing to do anything other than being another dealership. The first two, basically were reading something off a script. Sounded like Michael Scott, if I am being frank. Glendale, asked for my number, and the guy said that my car will be loaded up on the 27th. Now, I’m not sure how he knew that, but he gave me something other than “You should get your car by the 30th” routine. Maybe, you should give them a call, it gave me something.

Me and you are in the same boat, as are a couple other people. We continue to wait and look around confused.

“Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives."

Why does it sound like you ordered your vehicle from the same location as I did?
My dealership (SA who is so busy that he/she will never pick up or return a call) only says that I'll hopefully get it by the end of the month.
Called Burbank (initial pickup location) says the same thing.
I'll try giving Glendale a call.

Something has to be wrong when I see people who ordered their vehicles 1-2 months after me receiving their vehicles (scheduling their delivery) while I still have 0 updates in my account, right?