Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West coast folks get delivery faster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so is it safe to assume west coast folks will get better deliver date even though u have ordered late....
am in east coast, I had defaulted to fremont delivery got call in 1 week for possible delivery. Once I told them I will change to pick up in east coast, they changed the VIN and asked me to wait back in line. ALso they mentioned they will assign VIN based on the delivery location.. meaning back to my Question.

• Disagree
Reactions: MissyMcBee
How would you 'default to Fremont' when your address is in Virginia? They have so many 3's stockpiled now, I would think you would get yours on the next pile headed to Richmond, but it depends on color, and whether you want RWD, of course.

There are people who have configured and gotten a call for delivery in ten days or so (on the east coast).

so is it safe to assume west coast folks will get better deliver date even though u have ordered late....
am in east coast, I had defaulted to fremont delivery got call in 1 week for possible delivery. Once I told them I will change to pick up in east coast, they changed the VIN and asked me to wait back in line. ALso they mentioned they will assign VIN based on the delivery location.. meaning back to my Question.

Huh?

• Funny

Not sure your conclusion is correct. Let's say that you will get the exact same car. Tesla will need to add a few weeks just to delivery to East Coast. But if the original vehicle is already at or scheduled for Fremont, Tesla probably will reassign that to someone else and get you back into que. Yes, California was originally scheduled as first, may still have a priority. But then again, there could even be a penalty for changing the rules that you got hit with.
After all, is it really fair for someone who lives up to their original promise be delivered quicker than someone who changes their mind?