Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just visited Winnipeg and Portage this week. Alas, no progress in Portage. We went Northwest from Bloomington MN, did Clearwater SC and a bunch of L2 and Dest chargers to Winnipeg.

On the return trip, we hoped to make it from Fargo to Sioux Falls SC but headwinds forced us east to the Clearwater SC and South.

We really need some SC love in Manitoba and North Dakota. This way beyond inconvenience.

My daily Google search yielded this today:

Musk, who helms SpaceX and Tesla Motors, may one day pull his bright red electric Roadster into Prawda, as plans for one of many proposed electric vehicle recharging stations along the Trans-Canada Highway cleared RM of Reynolds council this week.

Reeve David Turchyn said last Tuesday’s hearing drew no comments from the public, nor any representation from applicant Stantec Consulting Ltd., who sought a conditional use permit on behalf of a numbered Manitoba company.

A Stantec public relations manager did not provide additional information or images by press time, but drawings accompanying the hearing notice show a proposed six-stall, self-serve rapid recharging station with Tesla branding located on the east side of Prawda’s Shell fuel station property.

Prawda site set for Tesla station

Does this rise to the level of meriting a Supercharge.info listing? @BlueShift

My daily Google search yielded this today:

Musk, who helms SpaceX and Tesla Motors, may one day pull his bright red electric Roadster into Prawda, as plans for one of many proposed electric vehicle recharging stations along the Trans-Canada Highway cleared RM of Reynolds council this week.

Reeve David Turchyn said last Tuesday’s hearing drew no comments from the public, nor any representation from applicant Stantec Consulting Ltd., who sought a conditional use permit on behalf of a numbered Manitoba company.

A Stantec public relations manager did not provide additional information or images by press time, but drawings accompanying the hearing notice show a proposed six-stall, self-serve rapid recharging station with Tesla branding located on the east side of Prawda’s Shell fuel station property.

Prawda site set for Tesla station

Does this rise to the level of meriting a Supercharge.info listing? @BlueShift

This would be the midway point between Winnipeg and Kenora so it definitely makes sense. Each leg would be slightly over 100km.

To start, I think you should check the cf pacific centre first because Tesla seems to be doing the first contracts with Cadillac Fairview in first lieu and with others (SmartCentres, Irving) when there isn’t much in the area

I believe we're going to see a new location in Salmon Arm before (or instead of) Sicamous. End of the summer. I've been watching the City website council stuff for confirmation (haven't found it yet), but I don't think I'm too far wrong.

Wondering too why the Tesla map shows the #3 end to end, but doesn't have a stop in Cranbrook. Pretty much need that to make it up to Golden!

Wondering too why the Tesla map shows the #3 end to end, but doesn't have a stop in Cranbrook. Pretty much need that to make it up to Golden!
Agreed. I sent several suggestions to Tesla on Cranbrook. I made it from Invemere to Coeur d'Alene, ID with a bicycles in the back, but needed a lunch stop and 30 Amp charging in Cranbrook

Reactions: Mobius484