Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can we put pressure on tesla to get these SC's up and running. I just drove from abby to kelowna and a) the mapping projection software is horrifically off and I would have been stranded if I even remotely followed its guidance for battery range and b) they neeeeeeeeed a sc in merrit.
Merrit and kelowna allegedly this year. I drove from new west to summerland and the prediction was more pessimistic than my driving. Not sure if you had worse weather conditions or wind direction. I had range mode on too.

I heard that the Superchargers will be at the new service center, because the HPWCs are not adequate for charging all of the deliveries and cars being serviced. I just had my car serviced and it was not fully charged when I picked it up. It didn't bother me, but it makes sense that they would strive to return fully charged cars. Superchargers at the service center would be as much about meeting the service center's needs as it would be about adding to the network. Seems logical to me.

I wouldn't want my car fully charged when I pick it up from service and it makes no sense to me for them to "strive to return fully charged cars". That would send the wrong message about how to maintain a healthy battery. If you're from Calgary or somewhere like that and going home, fine, but that should be discussed when you drop off the car. For me and others in the Lower Mainland, getting it back right in the middle of the daily driving range is where it should be.

I wouldn't want my car fully charged when I pick it up from service and it makes no sense to me for them to "strive to return fully charged cars". That would send the wrong message about how to maintain a healthy battery. If you're from Calgary or somewhere like that and going home, fine, but that should be discussed when you drop off the car. For me and others in the Lower Mainland, getting it back right in the middle of the daily driving range is where it should be.

True. Doesn't demonstrate the greatest concern for battery health. Also, that would take up spots from owners who would be in the area for a charge. But I'm unsure how they coordinate that at current SC/Sc locations.

I would also suspect that they could simply do a Supercharger/Store/Service Centre combo anyways like they have in Montreal. I honestly just don't think they're likely to stick with the Robson Street store at this rate of growth in the Lower Mainland. That lot next to Powell is still pretty full, they've bought more parking space in the Robson building, and yet they don't have a Supercharger here yet with all the cars they've been selling? Regardless, looks like new things are about to pop up in the Lower Mainland for Tesla. I'm looking forward to it.

It should ideally be fully Standard-charged (90%), IMHO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431315164.284282.jpg

Hope today

Has anyone ever used the Plugshare in Cranbrook at the Cranbrook recreational Complex? Does anyone know how many volts/Amps this charger is? I have never used one of these chargers so not sure what to expect for charging time. (I do have Dual chargers in my P85D) I am planning a trip to Spokane and Cranbrook is a logical overnight location.

Any feedback is appreciated!!

Has anyone ever used the Plugshare in Cranbrook at the Cranbrook recreational Complex? Does anyone know how many volts/Amps this charger is? I have never used one of these chargers so not sure what to expect for charging time. (I do have Dual chargers in my P85D) I am planning a trip to Spokane and Cranbrook is a logical overnight location.

Any feedback is appreciated!!

As Paul indicated it's 240V @ 32 Amps. I have 30 amps at home which gets me around 35 km/hr. It should be good for overnight but I recommend to check that the car is charging with mobile app periodically.
I had a situation with Blink where the charger quit at 11:30pm. A 10 minute walk (each way) in the middle of the night got it going again. Of course I would have been SOL the next morning if I hadn't checked. At the time the TESLA app didn't send a Stop Charge notification, so its a good idea to make sure the notification is turned on also

Last edited:
How can we put pressure on tesla to get these SC's up and running. I just drove from abby to kelowna and a) the mapping projection software is horrifically off and I would have been stranded if I even remotely followed its guidance for battery range and b) they neeeeeeeeed a sc in merrit.

We drove Vancouver to Kelowna the other day. After reading your comment I was concerned and charged longer in Hope. We would not have needed the extra energy as the range prediction was out by only 2%, I attribute that to the rain that we encountered. Our car had recently updated to 6.2(2.4.213) so maybe that was the difference.