Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooooo happy to see this! I expect the northern route is coming but just not in 2018. They are finally starting to show the Canadian love!
I would love to see the northern route from Jasper to Saskatoon to begin with. They could get by with a supercharger at the Innisfree truck stop, Lloydminster and North Battleford for the east side. And perhaps Hinton and Edson for the west side. Those superchargers would cover 95% of my travel.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
Stopped by Squamish over the weekend and it looks to be well along for expansion. Large area fenced off, looks like they're adding a number of stalls and lots of boxes of equipment are on site. Didn't get a picture, will try to grab one this coming weekend, I expect to be there again.

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12 and ohmman
Regina 2018

Nice to see that Tesla is working on its 'end of 2018' sites
Been informed that Tesla is talking to SmartCenters about putting a supercharger on their site
Google Maps
Right of off the TransCanada
Could have used this one a few months ago! Wanted to road trip to the WHL finals but it looked like I'd be spending too many hours at Kal Tire along the way, so I passed.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
Charged up in Squamish today. Took some quick photos to show progress. Apologi s for poor quality, it was raining hard and dark.

Looks like they have 4 new chargers on opposite side of the old ones. They also extended the original from 2 to 6. Bringing the total to 10.

Though the lights are on, fence is still up in the new area. Not sure if any more are planned or if they need more time with current ones before signing off.

Interestingly, they replaced two of the original ones with new ones. And all the new ones have a fancy light underneath the Tesla sign so the cable is lit up. Not sure how long they have had those types in other locations.

Attachments

• C7BA5FD6-846E-4481-A5EC-2930197A234D.jpeg
    C7BA5FD6-846E-4481-A5EC-2930197A234D.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 0C6A496D-216C-4FB2-81E1-9A7B2FB2CF7F.jpeg
    0C6A496D-216C-4FB2-81E1-9A7B2FB2CF7F.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 81
  • A04F5139-68EF-4CF7-971F-19AACB7A389E.jpeg
    A04F5139-68EF-4CF7-971F-19AACB7A389E.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 83
Every time I've charged a the Kelowna SuperCharger my car does not detect the proximity of my key fob and will not extend the door handles. I've had to click the key fob to open the doors. Has anyone else had this problem there?
It’s not just you. Interestingly the rear hatch does open on touch of the button above the license plate, so it “sees” the fob. I can’t recall if the doors respond to touch / proximity after the rear hatch has opened, or if I still have to click the fob.

At Cross Iron Mall and all 8 stalls in use by ICE vehicles. Talked to security and they said all day non EVs use stalls as mall busy. They give warnings but no cost so no one cares.

Asked for them to be towed but mall can't do that.

People are so ignorant.
Just a note on improvement at Cross Iron. I was down visiting relatives outside of Calgary this weekend; due to the insanity that has become “Black Friday” I decided to charge a little longer in Red Deer on the way down, figuring Cross Iron would be a zoo. On the way back however, I had no choice and pulled in to the mall with 23% remaining. All of the Supercharger stalls were barricaded off with those metal crowd-control fences. Myself and another fellow pulled in at the same time and shared the thought that we hoped the barricades were there to leave the stalls open for charging, and not because the chargers were out of order. This was in fact the case, so despite the mall parking lot being absolutely jammed, we had all 8 stalls available. I needed a long charge to make it home, but left at 92% and had no trouble at all on the way home - a strong tail-wind all the way was a big help.

So, kudos to the mall. I was extremely grateful, as had the chargers been blocked or inoperative we would have been stuck somewhere for hours getting enough charge to make Red Deer.

Interestingly, the other fellow that started charging at the same time as us was still in his car when we came back out, and only just before we left did he head in to the mall. I really hope he was just going for a quick bathroom or snack break before leaving, and not going in to do some shopping as he had been charging for an hour already so he must have been pretty close to topped off, and I would hate to think he was using the convenience of the charging stalls as a form of reserved parking even after he was done charging. That’s a problem we don’t need to start having here.

Interestingly, the other fellow that started charging at the same time as us was still in his car when we came back out, and only just before we left did he head in to the mall. I really hope he was just going for a quick bathroom or snack break before leaving, and not going in to do some shopping as he had been charging for an hour already so he must have been pretty close to topped off, and I would hate to think he was using the convenience of the charging stalls as a form of reserved parking even after he was done charging. That’s a problem we don’t need to start having here.
I bet you that he was off to get his wife/kids to bring them back to the car after he dropped them off to shop on the way into the parking area. Those parking garages can be like the maze of the Minotaur.

I bet you that he was off to get his wife/kids to bring them back to the car after he dropped them off to shop on the way into the parking area. Those parking garages can be like the maze of the Minotaur.
That could totally be the case, and I’d like to think it was an innocuous situation like that. I’ll be hitting this Supercharger again over the Xmas break, I sure hope they continue to make it easy to charge there.