Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be doing the same at our place in Calgary. Once the HPWC gets shipped to me, I'm going to see about adding a plug outside our garage, or at a minimum sharing our in garage charger with other Tesla owners via a PM/cal ahead type arrangement.
I have loaned out my HPWC and or offered it via PM on here but my charger is in the garage and not ideally situated unless someone is parked in the garage. I'm not always home and I'm not sure how comfortable my wife is opening the garage to strangers. Don't think she realizes yet that owning a Tesla is like a brotherhood/sisterhood :)

I have loaned out my HPWC and or offered it via PM on here but my charger is in the garage and not ideally situated unless someone is parked in the garage. I'm not always home and I'm not sure how comfortable my wife is opening the garage to strangers. Don't think she realizes yet that owning a Tesla is like a brotherhood/sisterhood :)

My HPWC is inside too -- I put a plug on it and plugged it into a 14-50 so I charge at 45 amps max. But I also have a Clipper Creek 48 Amp one outside for our Leaf (which only draws 13 amps but it's a good back-up for the Tesla). I live a few blocks from downtown White Rock (about 19th Ave and 150th St. in South Surrey) so if anyone wants to borrow the Clipper Creek outside one, just PM me here. You can easily walk to restaurants and shopping in White Rock only a few blocks away, but it's a bit of hike to the beach (about 19 blocks down a steep hill).

I'm going to be doing the same at our place in Calgary. Once the HPWC gets shipped to me, I'm going to see about adding a plug outside our garage, or at a minimum sharing our in garage charger with other Tesla owners via a PM/cal ahead type arrangement.

I've had my HPWC listed on Plugshare since February. Though, given my location, I don't see anyone making use of it anytime soon. :redface:

If anyone's interested, it's the one all by itself in northern SK/MB.

Out of curiuosity, how did you get the car home when you bought it? I don't see a tight chain of Sun Country Hwy chargers forming a path to Creighton. Or did you have it delivered?

Yep. Tesla delivered it to my door on a covered flatbed.

Poor delivery guy made the trip from Vancouver in 2 days, then he had to turn around and deliver another Model S to Edmonton as soon as he got back.

There's really only one SCH station within my driving range. Once there I can connect to the rest of the network. Unfortunately, said EVSE has been offline 4 of the last 5 times I've needed it. SCH is supposed to be installing one between me and there sometime this spring and they've supposedly replaced the trouble unit.

According to the updated official "End of 2014" Supercharger map of North America the following few Supercharger stations are likely and should go live before January 1st, 2015 (or a few days/weeks later):

Kamloops, Canada
Revelstoke, Canada
Canmore, Canada
Red Deer, Canada
El Centro, CA
Lake Charles, LA
Auburn, AL
Atlanta, GA
Auburn, MA
Brattleboro, VT
Hooksett (south), NH
Hooksett (north), NH
A Supercharger station east of Dayton, OH (Grove City, OH?)
A Supercharger station north of Dayton, OH (Lima, OH?)

But nothing is sure.

+ Golden, BC

According to the updated official "End of 2014" Supercharger map of North America the following few Supercharger stations are likely and should go live before January 1st, 2015 (or a few days/weeks later):

Kamloops, Canada
Revelstoke, Canada
Canmore, Canada
Red Deer, Canada
El Centro, CA
Lake Charles, LA
Auburn, AL
Atlanta, GA
Auburn, MA
Brattleboro, VT
Hooksett (south), NH
Hooksett (north), NH
A Supercharger station east of Dayton, OH (Grove City, OH?)
A Supercharger station north of Dayton, OH (Lima, OH?)

But nothing is sure.

The updates Tesla made to their official Supercharger maps unfortunately have simply pushed a lot of end of 2014 sites into 2015. I thought we would see even more sites come for 2015 instead of just moving 2014 to 2015. They were making tremendous progress in North America but some momentum was definitely lost this past fall.

Here's to hoping that we will get a 2016 update soon to get an idea of where further expansion will take place.

I've decided to give Tesla a pass on their lackluster 2014 progress since most of it seems due to bureaucratic snarl.

The second half of 2013 and the first half of 2014 belonged to the USA, the second half of 2014 to European expansion.

I predict 2015 will be the year of Canada.

That's the 'glass half empty' viewpoint. The 'glass half full' view is that there are now four operational superchargers in Canada, and nine more in construction (that we know about ... considering how Woodstock come online in stealth mode). The additional nine will likely go live within a month ... even the much-delayed Kingston site!

I called the Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn today for an update. I was informed that crews were working, but would not be open this weekend. Too bad for me.
Thanks Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Just received an email from Canmore hotel

Hi,
Due to some technical or licensing problem I don’t know anything about, we are not sure exactly when they will be finished. If all goes well, we should be up and running at the end of January. Please stay in touch. We will know more after the holidays when they return to work. I hope the problem is not serious??
Thanks very much! Ellen
Front Office Supervisor
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn

Just received an email from Canmore hotel

Hi,
Due to some technical or licensing problem I don’t know anything about, we are not sure exactly when they will be finished. If all goes well, we should be up and running at the end of January. Please stay in touch. We will know more after the holidays when they return to work. I hope the problem is not serious??
Thanks very much! Ellen
Front Office Supervisor
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn

*heavy sigh*

Here we go again...

Red Deer SC
Here are some photos of Red Deer construction site today.
Spoke with an employee of the hotel who told me that the construction company was in the process of building a third Supercharger in Alberta.
He speculated that it may be in or near Calgary.

LandScape1.jpg
LandScape2.jpg
LandScape3.jpg
Crates11.jpg
Power1.jpg
Transformer3.jpg
Transformer41.jpg
Cabinets1.jpg

Last edited: