Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red Deer SC
Here are some photos of Red Deer construction site today.
Spoke with an employee of the hotel who told me that the construction company was in the process of building a third Supercharger in Alberta.
He speculated that it may be in or near Calgary.

View attachment 66592View attachment 66590View attachment 66593View attachment 66594View attachment 66595View attachment 66596View attachment 66597View attachment 66600
Great update! Thank you for sharing these photos with us. Not sure Red Deer is critical as you should be able to make it from Calgary to Edmonton on a charge but maybe something just outside of Calgary and just outside of Edmonton (Crossfield and Leduc?) so we can charge as we enter the city rather than 1/2 way? I guess you could drive from Calgary to Red Deer - boost up to full then be okay until your return where you stop to top off in Red Deer again on the way home?

I took a little drive to Canmore to see the progress on the construction of the Canmore Supercharger! here are some very up to date photos.

IMG_2182.JPG
IMG_2183.JPG
IMG_2184.JPG
IMG_2185.JPG
IMG_2187.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG

For some reason the last two photos are upside down... WTH... tried to rotate them without success. sorry

Attachments

• IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 599
Great update! Thank you for sharing these photos with us. Not sure Red Deer is critical as you should be able to make it from Calgary to Edmonton on a charge but maybe something just outside of Calgary and just outside of Edmonton (Crossfield and Leduc?) so we can charge as we enter the city rather than 1/2 way? I guess you could drive from Calgary to Red Deer - boost up to full then be okay until your return where you stop to top off in Red Deer again on the way home?

Having the SC in Red Deer works for both Edmonton and Calgary one day round trips. Canmore to Red Deer is easily doable as well, so the Calgary - Edmonton corridor is covered.
Edmonton west thru Jasper charging is not so good; more direct to Vancouver but much longer charge times at least for now thus basically a scenic route for an EV

Crossfield, AB has a Sun Country Highway CS-100 at the new Petro Canada on the Northbound side of Hwy 2, a little bit of a detour to get there Southbound on Hwy 2. It opened in conjunction with the Alberta E-mazing race kickoff! Electric-Car Charging Station At Gas Station In Tar-Sands Land

I agree that the Red Deer Supercharger makes day trips between both cities way more practical but thank goodness for the great work SCH has done and will continue to do with another 1000 charging stations in Canada for 2015!

I saw a tweet that it is live and so i checked and see it online in Tesla's interactive map. It isn't on the main page yet.

First found it listed as live on supercharge.info/ - and also now on the Tesla Supercharger site!

I just added a quick listing for it on PlugShare - and have emailed the PlugShare support team to update it to Superchargers ASAP! (I just marked it with CHAdeMO DCFC, Tesla HPWC (Model S) - for quick visibility for now!)

(Edit December 25th): Merry Christmas! The Kamloops Supercharger is updated on the PlugShare Listing and lists the Superchargers now, and edited the description to say: "The Superchargers are located at the Kamloops Visitor Center." Thank You PlugShare Support Team!

Last edited:
It's about half power. But it's probably normal because your battery is 2/3 full. There's a pretty substantial taper with Supercharging.

Put it this way - it's charging at 219 kph. You probably only drive 100 kph. Any time you're charging faster than you can drive you're doing well!

Tesla has updated their supercharging map's "2014" and "Coming Soon" slider positions to reflect the reality that the Southeast and Midwest USA are not getting the SCs they'd hoped for by end of year. But, it still shows that western Canada is getting three more stations before the end of the year ...

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

edit: ha, this is my 404th post :) (Atlanta area code is 404)