Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s just happened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to my car this morning and I now seem to have an upgrade which gives me navigate on autopilot and summon? Previously I hadn’t got this (just a standard AP).

Have Tesla given me this for free?

I have heard they audit from time to time and have been known to remove features enabled by mistake which is very tough on the cars that have been sold with the accidentally enabled feature which is then removed when the new owner paid a price reflecting the option was there. Not common I am sure but I did read about one or two cases

It would actually be a smart move on Teslas part to allow EVERYONE a free months trial of FSD........... if of course they genuinely think the features it offers are worth the money. Presumably it would increase sales Maybe the fact that they dont tells us that they think most people would not find it value for money?

Reactions: Harv3y
It would actually be a smart move on Teslas part to allow EVERYONE a free months trial of FSD........... if of course they genuinely think the features it offers are worth the money. Presumably it would increase sales Maybe the fact that they dont tells us that they think most people would not find it value for money?
They have done this in the past, several years ago, prior to Model 3. I suspect they might do it again when it’s a bit more “feature complete” than now, perhaps when it can respond to traffic lights and stop signs. Other than a bit of admin, it would cost them nothing, and might prompt some people to upgrade.

Edit: Found it! Tesla is now offering 1-month free Autopilot trials to Model S and X owners - Electrek

I can confirm I have not put my credit card anywhere near the portal lol.

They've definately done this for free.........I've even got smart summon (not that I've managed to test it yet).

Best enjoy it whilst you can! I had rear seat heaters on my SR+ when delivered, but never sat on them in time ... a few weeks later the feature disappeared!

Reactions: drewpost