Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the one thing you like the least about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here;s some I have that I didn't see mentioned yet:

1. USB Audio Control Interface is garbage
I seem to be in the minority as I actually use this regularly, but locating, browsing, etc with a large music collection is a nightmare. And to me, the only option for getting true quality sound. My 1st gen iPod was waaay better.

2. The car goes into park when weight lifts off the seat in reverse
I get that this is a great safety feature if kids are around, but it should be able to be deactivated. I spent a good part of my ife driving trucks and it is normal to come up a little off the seat when looking out the rear window. When I do this in a Tesla the car just abruptly goes into park. Learning curve I guess.

3. HVAC Controls don't indicate current interior cabin temp, or provide separate buttons for cold vs hot
I'm not good at "guessing" the interior cabin temp so I often turn on the HVAC and get the response I am not expecting (cold when I want warm, vice versa, usually because outside air temp and interior cabin temp are different). This could be solved by displaying current temp next to setpoint, or by having manual control of the heater vs the compressor.

Last edited:
The trunk. I really wish it would have been designed with a hatchback. I have had to drive my Prius to go pick up stuff that would fit in the model 3 if it had a hatchback. It's all good though and i'll go though the hassle. I love my Model 3.

Things that I wish it had that I lost was cross traffic alert, blind spot alert (although they do show the car in red on the screen and i think they will make this better in the future), and better auto wipers. I do think all of these things will be improved through updates.

This might be mentioned before but after 14 pages,, The least like feature is the blind spot visual alert to be on center console screen. It's like we supposed to turn head to the left most or right most to see the item in the blind spot rather to look down the center screen. As I have to look down to the screen and turn away from the front view, I'd rather to turn my head further left or right to check the blind spot. Having the visual warning completely away from the line of eye of far left or far right could be the least favorable feature....

Ever since I bought my Model 3 I feel like every ICE car in front of me must be driving in slow motion. I sit at a red light with a car in front of me and ten seconds later we are still only going 35 mph in a 60 zone. I find myself cursing at these cars saying “damn ICE cars, can’t they see I’m in a Tesla and get out of my way!”

I never had this problem before with my Lexus.

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Only had mine for 3 days so far but it's an epic fail that the mirrors don't have enough range of motion to get to a proper adjustment for tall drivers. The other thing that stinks is how wide the back doors are. There's at least 6 extra inches of metal that don't need to be there and it makes kids getting in and out of the back way harder than it needs to be because you can't open the doors very wide in parking spaces.

Edit - almost forgot to mention the frameless doors. They're just rattle traps and completely unnecessary. It makes a lot of wind noise and I constantly have to hit the window up buttons to seal the car. Such a bad idea.

It’s a small one, but the auto wipers. Randomly coming on and not being that consistent when on. Every luxury manufacturer figured this system out 20 years ago and Tesla is still in beta mode.
I find that the auto wipers have worked fine for me for some time.

Now, the auto highbeams on the other hand, can never make up their mind to stay on or off... if I leave them on, it often looks like I'm a jerk who likes to flash people constantly.

3. HVAC Controls don't indicate current interior cabin temp, or provide separate buttons for cold vs hot
I'm not good at "guessing" the interior cabin temp so I often turn on the HVAC and get the response I am not expecting (cold when I want warm, vice versa, usually because outside air temp and interior cabin temp are different). This could be solved by displaying current temp next to setpoint, or by having manual control of the heater vs the compressor.

Couldn't agree more. The funny thing is that it used to indicate if the HVAC was warming up the car or cooling it in V8. The interface would be blue when cooling and orange when warming. But in V9 there is no way to tell. I also would like them to add the cabin temperature. It's on the app so the information is there, Tesla just needs to display it somewhere on the screen.

Slacker (I'd be half tempted to move to Europe to get out of this one..only half joking), the fact my phone key only unlocks the car maybe 40% of the time, and the lack of voice control for phones (seriously, my 2015 cheap-bare-bones-doesnt-even-have-rear-folding-seats BMW had this..)

Reactions: hd-2
Slacker (I'd be half tempted to move to Europe to get out of this one..only half joking), the fact my phone key only unlocks the car maybe 40% of the time, and the lack of voice control for phones (seriously, my 2015 cheap-bare-bones-doesnt-even-have-rear-folding-seats BMW had this..)

I recently replaced my 2015 HTC One m9 phone with a Pixel 3a, which solved/"solved" (for me) 2 of the 3 problems (plus another) : phone-as-key works 100% now, phone calls always work now (before half the time I wouldn't hear the other side for 20 seconds), and on my new phone I can simply pause the music and then speak "Hey google ..." and activate phone commands directly to the phone (on my old phone, I had to wake up the phone first, and since it was in a HTC Dot View flip case, that was rather difficult to do while driving without picking up the phone entirely ... )

My least favorite thing right now, is that it takes 15-20 minutes for the internet to re-connect after I leave the dead zone where I work. No streaming radio, no voice commands, no google maps for 15-20 minutes when I start driving at least once a day.

Service used to come back on as soon as I was out of the deadzone.

Last edited:
The turn signal. When I perform a lane change, I tend to go all the way on, but since the lane change doesn't turn the wheel far enough to reset the turn signal, I have to manually hit the stalk, and sometimes this leads me to signal the other way.

Small, stupid thing - but it is the thing I like the least!