Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s with summons being in beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...“beta”?

Yes, that's exactly what it means!

It works pretty well if you know how to stop it when it's ready to get into a collision.

If you don't watch it carefully, it can crash at any moment.

Tesla does not pay for damages of your car, garage doors, structures, wall...

It has been a few years now and Tesla is still working on it with no timeline for finishing it.

• Funny
Reactions: chinnam3 and outie
Another reason that it’s considered beta, half the time my Tesla app just gets stuck on “connecting to your car” and I have to make several attempts to actually get the summon screen loaded completely. It’s also quite finicky going into my garage, it will often stop itself an inch or two before actually entering the garage and then I need to issue the summon command again and only then will it actually pull into my garage. Still quite buggy in my opinion, hence the beta tag.

• Funny
Reactions: chinnam3
Things like that are going to be permanent beta because it's always going to be evolving. Like right now it uses the ultrasonic sensors, and then in some future version it will use the cameras as well.

It doesn't really matter if someone uses the beta tag. The fact is that it's essentially SW as a service model similar to Windows 10. Where there will be constant updates to fix things, add features, and likely break things.

It doesn't hold much meaning to me whether the beta tag is there or not.

I know it's a feature that requires supervision, and that with the senor set it has it will always require supervision. So I make sure I'm always there at the ready in case it screws up.