Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s Your Favorite Color for the Tesla Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Tesla’s all-electric, mid-size SUV called the Model Y is now available for order. While deliveries won’t start until next year, the car can be configured on the automaker’s website so prospective owners can get an idea of what to expect when the vehicle is in their garage.

The Model Y will start at $39,000 for the Standard Range version, and will also come in Long Range, Dual-Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Performance variants. Model Y Standard Battery will have 230 miles of range, while Model Y Long Range will be able to travel up to 300 miles on a single charge.

Tesla is currently offering the Model Y in five colors with varying prices for each – Standard Black (included), Midnight Silver Metallic ($1,500), Deep Blue Metallic ($1,500), Pearl White Multi-Coat ($2,000), and Red Multi-Coat ($2,500).[/vc_column_text][us_image_slider ids=”6719,6715,6716,6717,6718″ transition=”crossfade”][vc_column_text]Tesla offers the same colors and option pricing on the Model 3.

Which color do you think is best for the Model Y?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blue again super appealing. I would hate though to try and sell that color used. Its hard. Silver is highly sought and has been the second choice of cars for years(all cars), but not available I guess as we know. The red is not bad either. I would probably go for the Pearl white.

The rims are where I am having trouble mixing with any color in the examples. Unfortunately they are a tad too small. It saves range though that way. With the white IMO the rim selection with White looks the best.

Last edited:
I have the flashy red MX so for a second "baby" Y, I'd like a "cool but understated" pearly white on white addition ..

Attachments

• 20181008_170554.jpg
    20181008_170554.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 470
I thought this article title was just a leader to say it's officially for sale, line up! Then everyone took it so literally, lol. Would you all look for a line if that was the title?

Why not. Our Model 3 is pearl white, two would be a bit much. I did like the dark grey but don't think it's avail anymore. Blues are good but theirs are too pure. Maybe a baby powder blue like my old Strat guitar. Clapton had a signature like that.

I think I'm waiting for the truck unless this thing can tow something. Too bad.

Silver metallic. None of this "midnight silver", or as I like to call it, "gray", stuff. Actual silver.

Yes yes, I know.

Yeah, disappointed they didn't bring it back. I probably would have traded in my LR Model 3 for a performance Model 3 but they discontinued that color before I could make up my mind. I really really prefer the light colored silver cars. I put my "deposit" down for the Blue, but might end up changing it to white. Got a while ;)

Reactions: jgs
Hi,

as you can see to the left, our MX is blue, and thus named "The Blue Whale". Our much-regretted MS, "Frecciarossa", was, as the name says, red, but we considered that color a little too bold for a MX, ergo blue (that also to a certain extent "hides" the black plastic wheel arch surroundings), and is very nicely complimented by the chrome window surrounds, door handles etc.

And the MY?? Well, the chrome has all gone :( - so maybe the only really "nice" color that remain is black - which incidentally also saves dishing out from 1,500 to 2,600 EUR extra (yes, the paint options in Europe are even more expensive than in the US). For the moment, though, we configured ours blue, hoping that the "chrome delete" on the unveil vehicles (that also had non-standard wheels) and in the Design Studio will not remain.