Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What a Biden presidency will mean for EVs, renewable energy and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question from a foreigner. Is the Biden presidency really a sure thing? Arizona kinda looks like it will flip to trump yet. They have been indicating that the vote count has been stuck at 98 percent for three days and yet Biden’s lead is continually dropping. Down to 14000 ish votes. Apparently they are 3 or 4 days left of counting yet. Not sure how it works but I suspect within a few more days Biden’s lead will be gone. Does this change things?

Sorry. Not up on American elections. We have some Arizona connections so we kinda keep tabs a bit.

Thanks in advance.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Perhaps this thread should have been called "Hypothetically - what a Biden presidency would mean for Australian government policy on EV's, renewable energy and Tesla". That may have led to an interesting, on topic discussion, but I doubt it.
Threads like this can start OK but then someone will jump in, veer off course and dial everything up to 11.

Moderators note,
This thread is a discussion of the effects of a Biden Presidency, should this happen.
This thread is Not a discussion on the legitimacy of the current USA elections.
I have already deleted a post claiming election fraud and I won’t hesitate to delete and ban members for similar behaviour going forward.
p.s. If someone starts a thread about the legitimacy of the USA election, i remind members that Political discussion is not allowed on this forum and I will delete and ban anyone who does this without further notice.

Question from a foreigner. Is the Biden presidency really a sure thing? Arizona kinda looks like it will flip to trump yet. They have been indicating that the vote count has been stuck at 98 percent for three days and yet Biden’s lead is continually dropping. Down to 14000 ish votes. Apparently they are 3 or 4 days left of counting yet. Not sure how it works but I suspect within a few more days Biden’s lead will be gone. Does this change things?

Sorry. Not up on American elections. We have some Arizona connections so we kinda keep tabs a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Pennsylvania was enough.
Arizona plus another of the remainders would also have been enough.

>>There's plenty of justification for calling Biden a senile old man. It's indisputably true. Nobody without cognitive decline would campaign with his wife at his side prompting him with basic facts that she knows he'd muddle otherwise. It'd be undignified. The only reason the Democrats got away with it is that their allies in the media whipped their supporters up into four straight years of fake rage. <<

This is probably the wrong forum for posts on the American presidency, but I suggest you do some reading on #45, his business dealings and bankruptcies, his golf cheating, the opinions of most of his erstwhile senior cabinet and colleagues etc etc.

No doubt being from down under your sources are CNN.

Fact he is old. Although the closer I get to his age I would use " been around a while".
Really indisputable that he is somewhat off, No problem using the term senile.

• Love
Banning fracking would be dumb, natural gas is the cleanest load variable energy source we have. California's recent energy shortage was caused by taking too much natural gas offline.

Plus while admittedly fossil fuels have issues, extracting them here ourselves means it is done cleanly as possible and transportation is short as possible.
I know, we should use batteries to store excess solar and wind, oh but we are supposed to use batteries to make cars........

Maybe we should all ask Santa for windmills, solar panels and batteries........

Despite being somewhat off topic, this is an interesting discussion. I find opinions here that I never expected to see in an EV forum.

The environmentalist movement used to be the exclusive domain of people driven by empathy and social responsibility. With the advent of EVs that are so much faster and more powerful than anything ICE technology can produce at a mass market level, this group has started to mingle with an increasing number of people from different walks of life who are in the pursuit of the traditional "testosterone" metrics like acceleration, speed, and luxury. Some of those new kinds of EV owners will find ethical and moral benefit in the fact that their vehicles have a smaller environmental footprint, but that wasn't a deciding factor for them to make the switch, and some of the more extreme new EV owners don't care about either far side of the spectrum at all. The range of opinion on politics, technology, and science (e.g. climate change) is now running the full range in these forums. I find that is surprising.

I now have come to realise - thanks to this diversity of expressed opinion in what otherwise would be a forum of singular pursuit - that the extreme polarisation of societies around the globe (but most visibly in the US and UK as illustrated by the Trump and Brexit phenomena) is in fact not so much due to a divide of wealth and social standing as I have hitherto assumed (and as postulated in books like "White Trash" and "Hillbilly Elegy"), but much more so due to an increasingly apparent divide of intellect.

The ability to deduct consequence from a series of facts is an intellectual pursuit. The simple process of a) conceding that your own opinion is just that, an opinion, and consequentially to accept that b) experts in the field will have a more correct or thought-through opinion than you do, followed by c) modifying your opinion based on what you have learned from the experts, appears to be an extremely rare condition these days.

It's more about not enjoying being spoken down to by effete people who think they're better than you, while contributing nothing to the uplift of the ordinary person. No matter what the facts are at any given moment, if we hear them from people who hate us, as many people here hate us unconditionally, your interpretation of them remains irrelevant.

Fact checks are meaningless in a culture war.

Despite being somewhat off topic, this is an interesting discussion. I find opinions here that I never expected to see in an EV forum.

The environmentalist movement used to be the exclusive domain of people driven by empathy and social responsibility. With the advent of EVs that are so much faster and more powerful than anything ICE technology can produce at a mass market level, this group has started to mingle with an increasing number of people from different walks of life who are in the pursuit of the traditional "testosterone" metrics like acceleration, speed, and luxury. Some of those new kinds of EV owners will find ethical and moral benefit in the fact that their vehicles have a smaller environmental footprint, but that wasn't a deciding factor for them to make the switch, and some of the more extreme new EV owners don't care about either far side of the spectrum at all. The range of opinion on politics, technology, and science (e.g. climate change) is now running the full range in these forums. I find that is surprising.

I now have come to realise - thanks to this diversity of expressed opinion in what otherwise would be a forum of singular pursuit - that the extreme polarisation of societies around the globe (but most visibly in the US and UK as illustrated by the Trump and Brexit phenomena) is in fact not so much due to a divide of wealth and social standing as I have hitherto assumed (and as postulated in books like "White Trash" and "Hillbilly Elegy"), but much more so due to an increasingly apparent divide of intellect.....

How measured? (hint: Biden & Trump split the non-college degree vote, 49%:49%, and while Biden won more votes of those with a college degree, Trump still won 40% of those so degreed...)

This is the kind of hatred that really needs to cease
Hatred? Those are facts. The media does not decide who the president is, the electoral college does and they have still not voted. It would appear to a non-partisan observer that something is off with Biden's many gaffes, especially given this behavior is a known and likely side effect from his health problems and corrective surgery 15 years ago.

Hatred? Those are facts. The media does not decide who the president is, the electoral college does and they have still not voted. It would appear to a non-partisan observer that something is off with Biden's many gaffes, especially given this behavior is a known and likely side effect from his health problems and corrective surgery 15 years ago.
Agreed but not according CNN & company. You would never know. Funny how they all want harmony and to just get along.

People call for harmony, but only once their side is in power. Yeah. No.

What I wonder, on the topic of EVs being sold to non-environmentalists... Would you rather we didn’t drive EVs?

We exist. We don’t believe in your perspectives. We believe you’re mistaken (whereas you believe we’re evil). Probably never will bridge either gap. Should we go buy landcruisers or F150s instead?

Reactions: 1windy
It's more about not enjoying being spoken down to by effete people who think they're better than you, while contributing nothing to the uplift of the ordinary person. No matter what the facts are at any given moment, if we hear them from people who hate us, as many people here hate us unconditionally, your interpretation of them remains irrelevant.

Fact checks are meaningless in a culture war.

While I don't agree with you on many of your previous posts, I agree with you on this one. We have to find a way to get back to the table and to talk to each other, not down to or past each other. And we need to get back to the values of honor and truth. Character matters.

Reactions: Raechris
Moderators Note
This is a further reminder that this thread is about the effects of a Biden Presidency on Electric Vehicle and other related environmental policy only. It is not a thread on the prospect, validity or worthiness of such a Presidency nor a thread about the current state of US or any other politics
Please stick to the subject or posts will be removed without further notice. Some already have, if you’re looking for the one you posted earlier but now can’t find.

Last edited: