Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the chances ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week my windscreen was hit by a stone that left a mark. Contacted Autoglass to get it repaired, but there was some confusion They were convinced I had a model Y, I was even more certain it’s a model 3. Turns out I transposed two letters of the registration on the contact from, so instead of AB23CDE (my made up registration), I’d entered AB23DCE. What are the chances of a simple transposition leading to the same make of vehicle?

The worst part is that the mark isn‘t deep enough for them to do anything so I’ll just have to live with it ☹️

Probably more common than you'd think. New car registrations are bought in bulk & allocated to particular garages or showrooms. My son & I had consecutive letters on both our e-Golfs and then our ID3s we bought new at the same time.

I bought a brand new motorcycle... Insured & taxed it... and rode it for 6 months with the wrong number plate on it.

The supplying dealer had transposed the letters on the number plate incorrectly and made my 1000cc bike into a 50cc moped.

Luckily the DVLA Documents were correct, so my Insurance was done from that. So only the plate had to be remade.

@Wybrook try this to fix the chip. Once water gets in and freezes it will likely crack - depending how deep it is etc - and then you will need a replacement.

Add a drop of this directly to the chip, cover with one of the included bits of plastic, scrape flush with the included blade and you’ll never know it was there.

In the current UK weather ignore the 20 min cure time and leave for a good hour.

Rain-X Windscreen Repair Kit For Repairing Chips & Cracks in Windshield Glass https://amzn.eu/d/fWx6co5