Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Autopilot do i have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2017 Model S90D. It has MCU1 and HW2 hardware. With Highway autopilot on the information screen but it seems to have the spec of EAP. NoA, Summon, Lane change etc My car is going in to Tesla in January to have MCU2 upgrade which includes HW3 hardware upgraded too. I'm sort of worried i might lose some features if i am not supposed to have them now officially.

Cheers Andy

When Tesla shifted from the old Mobileye autopilot to their own hardware in late 2016, anyone with an order was given the opportunity to upgrade their order to EAP which was meant to offer more. In practice there is little difference feature wise between the two despite the price being different.

Those that refused to upgrade got highway AP (Mobileye) features on Tesla HW, it’s a bit of a weird edge case. What they’ll do when you upgrade is anybodies guess, I certainly don’t know, but suspect it will make no difference.

That’s assuming you have the Tesla HW, the easiest way to check is if you have cameras in the side indicators, if not you have the Mobileye hardware. The change was in 2016 so I’d be surprised if you did, but the odd car has been known to hang around before being sold so a 2017 reg car could have it, but again it would be rare.

Upvote 0