Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car did you swap for a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P3D- is replacing my 93 Supra.

Attachments

• 20180728_141912.jpg
    20180728_141912.jpg
    620.8 KB · Views: 98
  • received_232513224025591.jpeg
    received_232513224025591.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 64
Nice man. My first MKIV was black - acquired it May 5th 1999.

Big difference from a Tesla for sure! Supra wasn't very family friendly. Kids were scared of it because it was too loud and it was very thirsty, I built it myself from a non turbo auto to a 6 speed GTE swap with a big single and stand alone, was making around 700 or so and it was a lot of fun but I never had much confidence to take it on long trips. I definitely miss it but I'm looking forward to the positives that a Tesla brings to the table.

Reactions: mybeans
Nice. I've had plenty of experience with those cars and they were fun. Unfortunately just so dated today.....

Black 94 6-spd TT: show winner, SP57 single. Custom suede & red stitched interior. (my fav)
White 94 6-spd TT: ex-Virtual Works car
Red 94 6-spd TT: 1300hp 1/4 car 3.4L stroker w/all goodies & chute

Reactions: SupraDude
I sold my 2012 BMW X5 with 84k miles for a Dual Motor. Was tired of the recalls, leaking gaskets, failed water pumps, and cracked expansion tanks.

Also sold my 2011 335is convertible for the same reason. I was a BMW guy for decades, just tired of the constant leaky greasy mess! Looking forward to following the EV industry and watching the growth over the next couple of years.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
2013 6MT Audi S4 (dual pulley) to 2019 P3D+. I wonder if I’ll missing rowing gears in a couple months. It’s the first time in 15 years there isn’t an Audi in the garage. I thought for months I’d be getting an Audi RS3, but went with the Tesla instead. I feel the biggest thing missing with the Tesla is CarPlay. I was really looking forward to integrated Waze... maybe in some future update...

33wqhr7.jpg

shnlpixc5df31.jpg

A little different experience..

I was telling my wife about all the advantages of EVs and she said that if they sold a 2 seater convertible one she'd get one. I told her "they do", it just costs $250,000. :eek:

Honestly though if they could make a smallish convertible I think they'd poach a lot of sales from both the 911 type buyers and the Miata buyers. Unfortunately that doesn’t appear to be on their roadmap.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I was telling my wife about all the advantages of EVs and she said that if they sold a 2 seater convertible one she'd get one. I told her "they do", it just costs $250,000. :eek:

Honestly though if they could make a smallish convertible I think they'd poach a lot of sales from both the 911 type buyers and the Miata buyers. Unfortunately that doesn’t appear to be on their roadmap.

I've not got rid yet still waiting for my 3..

Honestly id mazda or tesla made an affordable convertible (SR+ specs etc) I'd be in for it. Half tempted to convert the mx5 but that doesnt make any real sense..