Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car did you swap for a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it would be interesting to see what other Model 3 owners traded in or sold to make the switch to a Model 3 and how they feel about the change.

I’ll start with my own swap. I traded in a 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat pack for a white SR+ (no extra options) about a week ago.

The two cars are nearly polar opposites, I absolutely loved the sound of the V8 (especially remote starting it with the engine cold while walking to it after work). I lost about 1 second 0-60, ventilated seats, in-mirror BLIS, and the classic muscle car look. I gained a smooth ride, better handling, gas savings, cash back on trade, lower monthly payments, ease getting my kid in and out of the car seat, a technologically advanced car with capabilities that are not yet fully recognized (hopefully).

What about you?

Reactions: Kleenerth3
2017 Golf R that had only 8,000 miles on it and was tuned and wickedly quick. I had babied it and hated to get rid of it but after 2 months with the Model 3 performance, I don't miss the R at all. As quick as the R was this Tesla blows it away.

I left behind a 2007 Lexus ES350 that I bought new and then sold at nearly 240,000 miles. Not a sporty car by any means, but the most comfortable and reliable car I have ever owned and, hands down, the best.

I’m hoping my Tesla will step into that spot of “best car ever”. Right now it’s looking pretty good.

2017 Nissan Leaf with only 2,000 miles on it. I received substantial discounts on it when they were trying to move the last of the 2017s after the 2018s were announced, so I didn't end up taking too big a loss on it. The Leaf was my first car in a decade, it was nice around town but was't that practical for anything out of the immediate region due to the lack of active cooling on the battery pack and sparsely located CHAdeMO units outside major areas. When the SR+ was announced, I decided to order one and haven't regretted it for a moment. I still don't put that many miles on it, since for commuting and most errands around town I'm taking transit or biking, but it sure is nice for road trips. After having it about two months I put 1,000 miles on it one weekend with a trip to Asheville, NC and back. That type of trip was impossible in the Leaf.

Lexus CT200h original year, 2011. I thought i’d miss it a little. I can’t even remember what it was like driving or owning it after getting the P3D-. Then a couple months ago, traded in our Toyota Sienna for a demo model X. My wife was upset, and 2 days later, she completely forgot about the MiniVan. I’m surprised it took that long (2 days).

• Informative
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
2017 Volt with 30,000 miles . Plagued with random stalls in winter time. Battery Control Module and shifter replaced under warranty. Still continued with shift to park or reduced power issues. Dealer could not reproduce. Good riddance. Hoping Tesla SR+ proves more reliable come severe cold Quebec winters.