Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What care should be taken for giving vehicle to a body shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after much deliberations, I have decided to move forward with a body shop close to my home for clear bra and silicon coating.

I checked out the shop couple of days back - it is part of a strip where several other body shops are there. When I asked what he needs from to drop off the vehicle, he said just the car and the key card. there is no paper work etc - he will send me pictures are things are progressed, and i will pick up the vehicle in couple of days.

is this normal? to leave your car with a body shop and no handover paper work etc?

the only other times i had to go to a body shop was when insurance referred me - where everything was documented.

any suggestions?

Is this custom where they will wrap the door edges? I get doing the doors (we did a full body wrap on our MS) but will say that most people will cover the front bumper and frunk lid of their car to protect against stones and road debris impacting the front from normal driving on our "pristine" roads.