Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What could Tesla give SR+ buyers to differentiate it from the SR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the SR+,I can understand the "logic" in the arguments but I don't share the view of the OP.

The people that ordered the SR got a freebie upgrade due to manufacturing and logistics costs.

(Would cost Tesla more money to "source" all the parts (and in logistics and manufacturing) for another configuration according to the SR specs then it would to just offer the SR customers the same config as SR+ with software limitations on some features and then discontinue the SR as a model.)

I got what I ordered and I didn't get a downgrade. If I'm crying my eyes out over something I can always downgrade and get the difference back.

Get over it! Talk about first world problems.
Your freebie offer you mention is right.
Its like lying to someone and then paying them off.
Its the principle of the matter, i was mislead and went to a SR+ because of those damn non existent seats.
I have since downgraded but like legendary i will make sure others know the difference.

I think that if they offered me auto lane change and NOA I would take them up on that, otherwise I will take the refund. They are offering the refund for a reason, not just out of the goodness of their heart. They know that they did something wrong.

1. Who actually got software downgrade from SR+ to SR.
2. Did they get their money back.

Your assuming.

Absolutely I'm assuming, and so are you regarding the opposite.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed a firmware upgrade fairly soon disabling the + features for the ones not paying for them.

AFAIK I'm actually not eligible for a downgrade since I'm in Europe and that's even worse.

I'm paying the equivalent to 61000 USD for a SR+, do you hear me whining?

As someone else said in this thread, you loose some, you win some.

Thing is, this scrutiny is getting out of hand regarding comparing deals, fit and finish and other stuff imho.

Would Tesla have used a traditional dealership strategy pricing strategy prices would have been all over the place and no one would be the wiser except a handful of hardcore forum people comparing nuts and bolts.

How many other brand owners are comparing deals like this?

Reactions: InParadise