Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ammulder

3,X,FSD Beta
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2019
Philly area
So I'm driving a rented Rogue until my delivery on 5/7.

On the way home today, the central touch screen went black. No radio, camera, anything. If I changed the volume or station using the steering wheel buttons, the normal overlays appeared at the top of a black screen. But the volume and tuning dials next to the touch screen and the rest of the buttons around it all did nothing. When I got around to a red light I put it in park, turned it off and back on again. Didn't help. Put it in Reverse, and the backup camera view showed. After that it all worked again.

Here's the question: Do I,
  1. Practice pushing buttons on both sides of the steering wheel at once, and consider it Tesla Practice?
  2. Find a Nissan forum and start a riot?

52633021.jpg

Am I the only one confused here...? Are you talking about your Nissan rental on a Tesla forum?
I'm sorta poking fun at... not people... but how if you read the forum it seems like every Model 3 screen dies in mid-drive for everyone, ever. Someone's like, "my car almost killed me! the turn signals didn't even work!" and the regulars are all, "no, no, the turn signals still worked, you just couldn't hear the noise" and the OP says "I had to pull over!" and the regulars say "no, no, you can reboot while driving, works fine."

And after all that, it was my rental Nissan that had the screen die. :)

P.S. And also, I have a whole 'nother week until delivery and the waiting is making me, you know, a little crazy.

• Funny
Reactions: TiggerTime