Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do y’all think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have run into an opportunity to purchase a 2020 Model S long range plus with 84k miles for under 40k.
It has a few scratches on the body and scuffs on the rims, and according to the Carfax it has had only one owner.
Just wondering, would this be a good deal?

Thx in advance.

I have run into an opportunity to purchase a 2020 Model S long range plus with 84k miles for under 40k.
It has a few scratches on the body and scuffs on the rims, and according to the Carfax it has had only one owner.

Thx in advance.
Not according to Kbb.com but judge for yourself. Close but many details like color etc determine value and “a few scratches”.

Upvote 0

Thx in advance.
Assuming you qualify for the $7,500 tax credit you can buy new for under 40k.

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

Upvote 0

Thx in advance.

That's a good deal if the car is overall in good mechanical health and clear title. Cosmetic things can be fixed without affecting the car's overall drivability. There's no MS that can be found on cargurus for that price at all so I would say it's a good deal if everything checks out. Here's a quick look at cargurus:

1690065997668.png

Reactions: b1nc0d3x
Upvote 0
If it’s not a salvage title? And accident free?
Make sure Tesla does not refuse to service the car. Check this:

Upvote 0
Make sure Tesla does not refuse to service the car. Check this:
In my state it is illegal to sell a salvage car without notifying the buyer. Anyway, it is a red title with warnings.

Upvote 0