Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do when sentry catches your co-worker hitting your car with their door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy Toledo!!!!! That setup looks like you have 5 toddlers on tricycles racing in your garage! :D AWESOME Setup!!!!

A toddler did damage my DD (Integra) with a scooter 20 years ago. Could not fix it with PDR, still there, see it every time in go in the garage.

Now the toddler uses the car next to the Tesla

It takes about 90 seconds to install/remove/stow the cover and pads

So what would you do? .
- If he is your employee, fire him
- If he is your boss, shut up and park far far away
- If he continues to follow and park next to you, turn off the Sentry mode so that you won't notice the dings and feel painful
- If nothing else works, leave the company

BTW, have you watched Youtube car crash channels from Russia? Crashing and damaging cars seem to be way of life :)

Actually, I'm interested in the actual answer to this question, too. Let's say that someone *does* ding the door or scratch the car. Do you write it off to people are jerks and normal wear and tear or would you actually confront the other driver. "Excuse me, you damaged my car." But then what happens? When you consider that a big chip or dent might cost hundreds of dollars to return to the original condition... shouldn't you be able to file an insurance claim with video proof or is this just one of those things that happens when you live on Earth with other people?

Would you confront a driver that damages your Tesla through carelessness or not? If so, what would you say?

I think everyone would claim that door dings are a regular thing and nobody should expect that they won't get them. Now a malicious opening of a door into your car repeatedly is a another story.

The answer is to park your car somewhere where there is not possible conflict. That can be impossible in some circumstances but you at least reduce your chances vs a daily encounter in a regular parking place.

If you have a Model 3 you can get this

But it won't work for a Model S/X since it uses a magnetic strip to hold it to the car.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
Actually, I'm interested in the actual answer to this question, too. Let's say that someone *does* ding the door or scratch the car. Do you write it off to people are jerks and normal wear and tear or would you actually confront the other driver. "Excuse me, you damaged my car." But then what happens? When you consider that a big chip or dent might cost hundreds of dollars to return to the original condition... shouldn't you be able to file an insurance claim with video proof or is this just one of those things that happens when you live on Earth with other people?

Would you confront a driver that damages your Tesla through carelessness or not? If so, what would you say?

I would just call the police and file a police report and not deal directly with whoever did it. I'll them provide the tag information, video, and police report details to your insurance company and let them subrogate.

This will have the added effect of them being more careful in the future as it will count as a strike on their insurance.

This way there is no direct contact and you are made whole.

When in doubt, always call the police but if there is do damage, why bother?