TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What do you hear ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DJ 240V, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DJ 240V

DJ 240V Member

When you are sitting in the car in a completely quite environment what do you hear ?

My HW2 MS
    - slight hum / whirring from the computer.
    - more annoying/bordering on errie is a light click that comes from left and right (speakers ? )

Tic tick
    Tic tick....
    Tic tick ...

Forever ...!!!!

Does anyone know what this is !?

Of course there are louder greeting sounds as you walk towards the car. I was also alarmed at how loud a model x was at a super charger . Something near the frunk had a fairly loud humming ...

Also when a software update happens the car runs tons of self diagnostic - then you can hear all the individual motors fire up one after the other - that's pretty cool.

Please share your sounds.

2. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

da Thump
    da Thump
    da Thump

Forever ...!!!
    I'm pretty sure its my heart beating.

• Funny x 1
  3. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

If i recall correctly it's a sync pulse that is unfortunately being picked up and amplified by the stereo's amps. I don't believe there is a fix other than turn on some music.

• Informative x 1
  4. DJ 240V

DJ 240V Member

You need to get a silencer :p

• Funny x 1
  5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I've never heard the clicking.

The loud sound when supercharging are the fans and coolant keeping the battery cool. It's amazingly loud. Same on super hot days with the A/C at full blast.

I always find it funny when I go in the garage and the car is doing its diagnostics. All the whirring, humming, clicking...