Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you make of this news?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Notice how the lots are filled with different cars each day. The lots are just where they ship from, if production is over 4K a week then that is 800 cars a day they need to park somewhere to load on trucks. It is a delivery issue not a demand issue. Just check these forums to see how many people are waiting and enthusiastic enough to fill out a spreadsheet.

Everyday to work under the 10 freeway near the Staple center I see 100s of unsold Porsches and MBs. How come no one ever writes about these. Tesla doesn't have a dealership so they need to rent places to stage cars just like every dealership in the country. This is normal.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Glad to see FUDsters recycling their stories. When did we read something similar...oh that's right, in July when Tesla announced they hit record production rate. They used this "there's no demand look at all the cars on the lot" story back then.

Fast forward to today, Tesla announced yet another record production and deliveries, so now a bunch of crap stories are being pushed out to try and hold the stocks back. Been there, read this, laughed out loud, not surprised they are trying it again. I mean they are running out of things to say so perhaps they think by repeating themselves, it might come true.

Reactions: woodisgood
Hi Folks,

Just read this article.

What you do you think?

S.

Doesn't look like anything to me.

westworld-iii.jpg

There's bunches of owners across the country volunteering to help with new-owner questions @devliery, and have reported back on threads in this forum. Having done so for just 1 day, I can say there are a ton of cars all around the bay area and Tesla is moving them to customers in an amazing process of 12+ hour days. It's quite something really, never would have thought the ownership would become such a social network in its own right.. even aside from the typical forums etc.

Yeah there's a ton of cars but yep people are getting them too..

Sigh.. it’s not that their reporting falsehoods it’s the selective reporting. The day this was published wall street already knew that Tesla likely delivered 83k cars in Q3 thanks to Elektreck breaking the story. That and Tesla was gearing up for massive delivery events with volunteers all across the country.
www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-30/at-hopping-tesla-outlets-musk-s-volunteer-army-is-out-in-force

Sigh.... strongly insinuating that Tesla has weak demand and other fabricated issues with flimsy evidence coming almost entirely from shorts is the definition of fake news.

Reactions: Msjulie
Isn't it WIDELY known that Tesla is having issues shipping and delivering cars? So, that's bound to cause them to pile up somewhere. That doesn't mean they aren't selling the though. Seems like FUD at worst or poor analytical skills at best.