Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you wish you could change in your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
I am student at Ohio State currently working on a school project. My project revolves around what a user/developer might like to create in an automobile if the manufacturer gave you full control to create a new program for you car. I know that is very open-ended, but what I really want is to get a feel of what features people currently do/don't like in their car, and how they'd change it if given the opportunity. I'm mostly interested in changes that could be implemented through software modifications, but i'm open to anything. Feel free to run with this as much as you want, and thanks in advance for everyone's responses!

Interesting question, but for Tesla, these things often come automatically via Over the air updates.

I purchased my Model X two years ago and since then they have improved the automatic door opening speeds, increased acceleration from 0-60 in 6 seconds to only 4.9 seconds.
Automatic windshield wipers were added.
Automatic headlight dimming was added.
The self driving feature was made much more capable.
Traffic aware cruize control with WAZE type congestion warnings were added.
Lane keeping was greatly enhanced.
On and off freeway ramps were added to autopilot.
Additional music channels were added.
Display brightness control was made automatic.
Valet mode was installed.
Dog mode and camping mode were developed.
Trailer anti sway was developed, and tow mode turned on.
Biohazard HEPA filtering became ala carte available.
Thousands of more Supercharger access points/stalls were added.
More service facilities were rolled out.
Creep option was added for those that want the electric drive to feel like an automatic transmission.
Additional PIN enabled layer of security installed.

With many more on the drawing board.

My point is that, in the case of Tesla, software developers can add additional functionality to the car...after purchase.