Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does do you get with full self driving if you are not part of the beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only thing I got was "stop at red lights" feature: When light turns green car beeps if I have not noticed the light myself. While car should also stop on red light, I would not trust my life on that so it is not that useful. Very far from getting a self-driving car they marketed.

(Background: I had EAP before FSD. I have not got beta due to MCU1 "not yet" being supported. Purchased when Tesla marketed feature as a self-driving car.)

In my opinion, FSD was a fraud Tesla prematurely sold to carry the company over cashflow problems at the time. Getting a refund has turned out to be very laborious process. Tesla has changed their marketing language since I purchased. For a new FSD purchase, feature might just be a very bad purchase instead of being a fraud. I would still highly recommend against the purchase due to Tesla track record for not delivering on their promises.

I'll resub to the monthly next time I have a lot of road trips because the souped-up TACC (autolane change, navigate on autopilot) is very nice to have. The month I trialed it, I did not get into the beta so I don't count on FSD as part of the $200/month - just the autolane change, nav on autopilot and the ping when lights turn green. Everything else is a gimmick IMO