Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Does This Symbol Mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does that little square to which the arrow points mean (while backing into garage)?

Symbol.jpg

Thanks.

OP, you post a LOT of new threads...

It appears every time you get a question or idea you come here to post a new thread. Have you thought about consolidating your various thoughts and/or questions as more content in fewer new threads?

Yeah I know, "If I dont like it, I can just ignore it", and i have come very close to doing so, but thought maybe the OP doesnt realize how many threads he is starting, so mentioning it as feedback.

Not trying to be mean, just giving my take on it.

Sorry, JJ.

Yeah, when you're obsessed with something you tend to want to discuss it with friends.

I always ask myself whether the post/thread would be useful to others (or at least amusing), and if it isn't, I don't post it. Looking at recent threads, I'd say I've followed that rule, but I'll keep an eye out.

upload_2020-2-8_17-32-31.png

I've learned that if you ask five questions in one post, only two or so will be answered.

It appears every time you get a question or idea you come here to post a new thread. Have you thought about consolidating your various thoughts and/or questions as more content in fewer new threads?
Not sure I agree with you on this. I myself have tried hard to find answers to my questions and it just isn't easy here.

I have noticed that this user has
posted a lot of new threads as well. But I have been watching and so far most have been topics that I myself as a relatively new owner (August 2019) had not seen addressed. If the OP had a single thread for all his questions, I guarantee he wouldn't have received NEARLY as much feedback.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: house9
Not sure I agree with you on this. I myself have tried hard to find answers to my questions and it just isn't easy here.

I have noticed that this user has
posted a lot of new threads as well. But I have been watching and so far most have been topics that I myself as a relatively new owner (August 2019) had not seen addressed. If the OP had a single thread for all his questions, I guarantee he wouldn't have received NEARLY as much feedback.

Just my $0.02

I get that its a balancing act, and I was not trying to say that everything should be placed into a single thread, so sorry if thats what it looked like. I dont want to take the conversation too much further off base, and also dont want to badger the OP because it wasnt my intent.

In any case, back to thread topic, the object in question in the OP looks like a cone to me as well. Since I have HW2.5 I dont see cones, so I dont know how often other items get turned into cones that are not cones, but it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

Also, to OP, thanks for taking the feedback without being defensive about it.

cones are 'noise spikes' that cannot be suppressed. any kind of junk that the vision system picks up and thinks is more than base-noise but not as big as a car, motorcycle (etc) - it gets defaulted to a cone.

almost funny. if nothing else matches, show a cone. but it is what it is. does not even have to be orange to trigger the 'show_cone()' code, it seems ;)

The car often sees lots of things as cones, for whatever reason. Also, my garage has about 26 trash bins in it, according to the visualizations.

But yes, that's definitely the top down view of a cone.
I too have noticed that it misidentifies items. When so pull into my garage, it thinks my washing machine and dryer are trash cans. I guess in the absence of an exact match, it chooses how to classify an item based upon size, color, or some other criteria.

I bet the reflection on the corner of your truck is detected as a cone.

Hmmmm, when you are home, the mirrors will fold in, so why would anything show up? Maybe I should test by putting a cone in the passenger seat upon arriving at home and see if it sees the cone in the car.
But following up on mswlogo's post, maybe it's the reflection of the hanging extension cord in the window???