Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Dress Goes Best with a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a purely practical pov...those two ladies aren't getting into or out of that car in any way resembling graceful unless they want to pull an Anne Hathaway. :wink:

Back in the mid-60s our neighbors, who were like a second set of parents to me, owned a '62 Corvette. One of the reasons they sold the car was that "Mother Murphy" could not get into or out of the car in a "Lady Like" manner. They purchase a Buick. I purchased my used 62 Corvette, in the same color combination they owned, as a memory of all the good times I had with them. Every time I'm in that car I think of them.

Back in the mid-60s our neighbors, who were like a second set of parents to me, owned a '62 Corvette. One of the reasons they sold the car was that "Mother Murphy" could not get into or out of the car in a "Lady Like" manner. They purchase a Buick. I purchased my used 62 Corvette, in the same color combination they owned, as a memory of all the good times I had with them. Every time I'm in that car I think of them.

oooh is that what the OP meant? so as not to pull a britney spears? I thought she meant what makes a girl look good in it. lol.

m-CHRISTINA-HENDRICKS-620x930c.jpg

It is too bad that they didn't teach "Mother Murphy" the sit and twirl method so they could keep the Corvette. That is, unless "Mother Murphy" was a nun. Those long robes are a bit cumbersome for the sit and twirl method.

I once had my Roadster on display at a screening of Revenge of the Electric Car and a woman got in (a Volt owner) and then hollered over to me "Do you have a wife?" I thought it was kind of an odd question. I responded "Well, yeah. Why do you ask?"
"Does she ever wear dresses?" the woman asked. It wasn't until then that I noticed she was wearing a dress and wasn't sure how to get out without doing something embarrassing. I came over and showed her how to "safely" get in and out. Joking with me later she said it was just her way of letting me know that the Volt is a superior car!

Note to moderators:

If ”delete” is the first thought that pops up when you see this post, then you probably haven’t heard of this before. And: My intention with this post is to make a feminist counterargument.

I must be getting old, too, because all I could think was "sluts!"

Hey! Nothing wrong with that! Slutty girls need love too!!! ;)

Since the s-word somehow made it in to this thread, I thought the following link would be a perhaps enlightening and/or thought provoking way to comment…

SlutWalk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The SlutWalk protest marches [Edit: My bold] began on April 3, 2011,[1] in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with subsequent rallies occurring globally.[2] Participants protest against explaining or excusing rape by referring to any aspect of a woman's appearance.[3] The rallies began when Constable Michael Sanguinetti, a Toronto Police officer, suggested that to remain safe, "women should avoid dressing like sluts."[4][5] The protest takes the form of a march, mainly by young women, where some dress like "sluts". There are also speaker meetings and workshops."

[...]

Inception

On January 24, 2011 Constable Michael Sanguinetti spoke on crime prevention at a York University safety forum at Osgoode Hall Law School.[8][9] He said: "I've been told I'm not supposed to say this – however, women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized."[9]

[...]

"To be sure, such a comment from law enforcement is highly offensive in suggesting that some victims of rape are responsible for the criminal acts of their attackers. Rather than admonishing women to dress a certain way, police should be warning potential offenders that they should 'avoid assaulting women in order not to go to prison' —Gail Dines and Wendy J Murphy[11]"

Full disclosure: I’m obviously not a mod. But I am a guy. And naturally, just like everyone else on this forum :)wink:), of course I am a feminist. And no. I'm not ironic about the feminist part!

Last edited:
OK, stop for one second guys and consider that you're talking about someone's daughter there. How'd you all feel if some jerk on a public forum was calling your daughter/sister/wife a slut? On the other hand, my sister (she's a psychotherapist) tells me that some men can't help themselves and use degrading terms for young women as a cover-up to mask their own inadequacies.

OK, stop for one second guys and consider that you're talking about someone's daughter there. How'd you all feel if some jerk on a public forum was calling your daughter/sister/wife a slut? On the other hand, my sister (she's a psychotherapist) tells me that some men can't help themselves and use degrading terms for young women as a cover-up to mask their own inadequacies.

I can second that opinion.

OK, stop for one second guys and consider that you're talking about someone's daughter there.

Even more importantly, you're taking about a fellow human being. Their value doesn't derive from being related to a man, but from being a fellow traveller deserving of respect. She can rest her heels on her car if she pleases, thank you very much.

Personally, I have a favorite red dress that almost perfectly matches the official Tesla red used in their showrooms. I think it's positively stunning against the Pearl White. It's long enough to make getting in and out if the car graceful, and short enough not to get caught in the door when I close it.

…and at this point, why not broaden the definition of ‘dress’, if that is/was in fact the dress code.

This is the route I think I wish I would choose if I was a woman with the financial means to own a Tesla.

Leighton in a suit.jpg

Disclaimer: Using Google with the objective to within a short amount of time find a picture of a woman in the kind of suit that I’m looking for turned out to be too difficult/time consuming. This was just the closest I could get. The woman in the picture I believe is Leighton Meester. And she’s just 26 years old, and may well be even younger in this picture. Of course, being 26 or younger and having the financial means to own a Tesla is not very likely. Being 26 or younger, being able to own a Tesla and having the self-confidence to go against social convention and also wear a suit instead of a dress is probably even more unlikely. But like I said: It was about the only picture I could find. Also: If it was me I would skip the earrings, the purse, the lipstick and the charcoal (?) around the eyes. And I would probably also loose the tie, since it would feel like too much of a safety issue (Yeah, I know…). And also, from other pictures from the same event/Google search, she’s actually wearing high heels and too short pants for my likings. If it was me, I would choose footwear more appropriate for my anatomy, and for driving the Tesla. High heels are bad for your feet and back. And the pants would be longer.

Hah. I knew that comment was going to light a small fire lol I'm just messing around as always no harm intended.

Here's a photo "more appropriate" to the topic at hand. Courtesy of google image search. No idea who the lady is or where the photo was taken.

image.jpg