Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What ever happened to customer care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting replies to my posting. First I would like to thank you for replying. I found two trains of thought. One that yes things could be better and should be better. The other train of thought seemed to be that Tesla could no wrong. Any problems or questions I may have are my problem. Personally, I am 74 and am not buying because I want an electric car or to be cool. As I get older, I find myself making more mistakes while driving and I want the best driver assistance I can get. I do not think though that wanting to be kept informed about what is happening now and what will be happening next is too much to ask.

The first few years of Tesla's existence, mostly fanboys were buying the car. Fanboys were much more tolerable on the car, my friend loves his Model 3 LR. The panel gap didn't line up, he didn't care, the car drives awesome.

Fast forward to present day, more model 3s are getting into hands of regular average Joes. These people like you and me want a Tesla but at the same time expect the same level of service that comes with a luxury car price tag. When we see something wrong, we want to see it getting resolved. One of the worst thing a customer experiences is LACK OF COMMUNICATION. If something is wrong, just let us know, we're not completely intolerant.

One thing to be expected at least in the near future. Tesla customer service will only get worse before it gets better. Any owner that wants to schedule repair is probably looking at a LONGGGG appointment schedule ahead. I believe some if not most of us expected that, the service centers were not designed to the influx of this many cars in this short time.

My fellow non-fanboy model 3 owners, let's lower our expectations a little, or it might be a very frustrating experience ahead.

If Elon would put the time and energy into the Customer experience that cars of Tesla's quality deserve I honestly believe they'd be selling a lot more cars. I know of three friends who personally have avoided buying the cars because of Tesla's rep for not having it together customer-service wise. So sad. Elon is stretched to thin, is a genius for sure, but he needs to build an operational support structure on par with his vision.

Agree with you. When Steve Jobs revived Apple, he didn't do it alone. Steve Jobs had Tim Cook taking care of Supply Chain, and other function leader do their respective jobs. If we look at number of executives that have left Tesla, it was a sign of managerial disagreement at the top. O, the board member replacement that recently made the news....

Elon, please stick with building the car and leave execution to other capable executives. No one can do everything on their own, divide and conquer.