Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

forgot to order via referral code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea. I saw someone say they had tesla merge them but I can’t confirm and personally haven’t done it myself. I would get the credits and use it before I ask them to merge it if that’s possible.

yep. I wanted to buy car in my name for Vet plates, but i want the credits more. Maybe later I'll transfer title. or maybe set up another email+joint title?

This is exactly what I was planning to do re: referring my wife. I'm the owner of the current Tesla but I have added wife's email address as a "driver" although she has never owned a Tesla. Not sure if using that same email address or having the same physical address would disqualify me from receiving the 10k credits.

This is exactly what I was planning to do re: referring my wife. I'm the owner of the current Tesla but I have added wife's email address as a "driver" although she has never owned a Tesla. Not sure if using that same email address or having the same physical address would disqualify me from receiving the 10k credits.
i would set up a new login. I'm doing a different address (at my friends) just in case. Once he receives the plates I'll update with DMV

A separate account for referral of SuperCharger credits has worked in the past. However, it you are taking advantage of the FSD transfer offer, that requires original and new Tesla to be on same account. But the $ off will apply, just not referral credits.

You can find information about Teslas referral program, directly from Tesla, here:

If your neighbor is referring you, you should check with them on any other questions about it.

Thank you. That's just what I was looking for. I kept seeing $500 and $250 mentioned with no explanation. Bummer I missed the $500.
i never got my referral credit... since there is no live person to talk to...i gave it up... the friend i referred got his $500 credit.. so bad with customer service... you can talk to live person only when you pick up the car.. lol