Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what happened to referrals (in Canada)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I no longer can see my referral code in My Account on the Tesla site... what happened to referrals? And no one asked me if I wanted to use a referral code when I purchased... does Tesla actually want this used? P.s. I'm in BC, Canada, and maybe that has something to do with it??

thanks all. I realized that i could see my referral code on the phone app. Strange no longer shows on My Account on website. And yes, I've heard that might not be able to use in BC...weirdness and hard to know what to trust from Tesla and what not to trust. cheers

I'm from BC, I think the others are correct, "BC residents not eligible due to provincial dealership regulations.". I got some referrals under my account, i think we MIGHT get those supercharger points by referring the others but for those free car thing (model Y, or roadster), tough luck. (I'm an
thanks all. I realized that i could see my referral code on the phone app. Strange no longer shows on My Account on website. And yes, I've heard that might not be able to use in BC...weirdness and hard to know what to trust from Tesla and what not to trust. cheers

Don't quote me on this one but i think the supercharging maybe still available for referral in BC, but for something like " five chances to win a Founders Series Model Y or Roadster supercar" we are definitely lucked out.

With Tesla's customer service and my "luck" I won't be surprise I will got phone call or email like "You've won a Roadster! congratulation! When would you like to pick up the car? Oh sorry wait a minute you are from BC? sorry you are disqualify"

You can do that? If I buy a second Tesla, will I get 1500km on both vehicles?

Yes, since you are in Ontario, just have your spouse order on your referral code so both get 1500km. Better you get it yourself than some random Tesla employee that you don't know? You know if you don't have referral when you purchase, they'll just help themselves internally for the referral code.