Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if you have at fault accident in loan car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only had service once. They wouldn't inspect my car because it was wet from rain and checked the form box for "dirty". But they didn't mind inspecting the web loaner! lol So next time I will know better. Wet or dry, clean or dirty, my car is being inspected before I leave it.

I’ve had a loaner MX for the past 3 weeks now. Here in the UK the loaner is only covered 3rd party by Tesla which means If you smash it you pay for it.

Thankfully my insurance company is covering the loaner on the same terms of my own MX free of charge “thank god”

I’ve not had this happen in a Tesla but did have this happen in an Audi. In that case, the dealership immediately opens a claim via your insurance (rather than pursuing the other party) in order to make it more likely that they recover their money, and then they let the insurance sort out fault and subrogation.

In my case unfortunately the other party was uninsured and my insurance ended up footing the bill, and I had to pay my deductible.

But even with Tesla, the loaner paperwork that you acknowledge definitely states that your insurance becomes primary. And at least in the US, car insurance policies generally cover the owner driving another person’s (or company’s) car.