Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if you strikeout/lockout on 11.3.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On previous versions if I exceeded the strikeout limit I'd get locked out of FSD beta until the strikes were reset. But I would still be able to use normal autosteer/TACC and highway navigage on autopilot. What will happen if I reach the limit on 11.3.3?

I'm curious as to what restrictions would be during a time out period tho. I assume TACC will still work since it even works after a strike. But autosteer is disabled for the remainder of the trip. Would you think auto steer is disabled for two weeks if the stikeout limit is reached? That would be horrible if so. If not, what would happen if you are in time out and you engage fsd in 11.3.3? If they are enabled, would it ignore any navigation points?

To be meaningful punishment, it seems the lockout time would need to disable autosteer and/or navigation.

I'm quite annoyed with it... my wife was in the hospital (has since passed), but I was regularly commuting in the last few weeks. (I have a light hand on the wheel). It went blue, I pushed the volume button, it went red, and then told me I had a strike against me -- it was claiming a defeat device, but there was none. A few days later it did the same thing, I tugged the wheel, but not hard enough to hit the car next to me, and it did the same thing -- strike against me. That's 2... the wheel tug is more annoying than the other vendors AND it doesn't work well. They could see from the camera I was paying attention, no defeat device, etc... but it just pisses me off, that it's wrong, I get slapped, and there's no appeals process or a way to let them know.
I do beta programs, but they are generally much more valuable if they have the possibility of a bi-directional communications. I realize beta is at companies whim -- but I paid $10K for the right to participate, that makes it a little bit more than just "whatever they want to do is cool". If I get locked out, before they reset it, then one of the main reason I preferred the Tesla over the competitors is gone. (FSD and robotic driving).

I'm curious as to what restrictions would be during a time out period tho.
With 10.69, you lost FSDb. The normal FSD continues to work - that is NAP, TACC, lane-keeping, manual lane changes, and stop at traffic lights unless green with a lead car. You lose auto turning/auto lane changes/traffic light/stop sign management. So honestly, you don't lose very much. For me, it's more of a matter after a long time on FSDb to re-train my mind of it's decreased capabilities, remembering that it's not going to make that easy turn it's done a thousand times before.

IMHO, FSD is much less safe than FSDb on city streets. Clearly you are running different code. Things like lane centering or just following the curve in the road is not nearly as smooth. What I thought was the incredible tech of a year ago now feels kluge.

I'm quite annoyed with it... my wife was in the hospital (has since passed)... If I get locked out, before they reset it, then one of the main reason I preferred the Tesla over the competitors is gone. (FSD and robotic driving).
My condolences. 🙏

IMHO, one of the failings is that there is not a means to "reset strikes" short of getting fully suspended and taking the 2-week timeout. I actually had 1 strike left and intentionally took the last knowing I'd get the 2-week timeout because I wanted it to happen at a time of my choosing - not while I was on a major trip.

These strikes really need to disappear after some timeframe of "good" driving, maybe only last a month.

Reactions: n.one.one
With 10.69, you lost FSDb. The normal FSD continues to work - that is NAP, TACC, lane-keeping, manual lane changes, and stop at traffic lights unless green with a lead car. You lose auto turning/auto lane changes/traffic light/stop sign management. So honestly, you don't lose very much. For me, it's more of a matter after a long time on FSDb to re-train my mind of it's decreased capabilities, remembering that it's not going to make that easy turn it's done a thousand times before.

IMHO, FSD is much less safe than FSDb on city streets. Clearly you are running different code. Things like lane centering or just following the curve in the road is not nearly as smooth. What I thought was the incredible tech of a year ago now feels kluge.
Thanks. Agreed it would not be too bad to be locked out under those type of restrictions. I wonder if Navigate on Autopilot would continue to work tho under version 11. Currently I don't have a navigate on autopilot button. So if i get the lockout, will the button re-appear and only for highway driving? Because v 11 seems to do excessive automatic lane changes if I forget to disable it before each drive, I'd almost prefer the old way with the NAP button

My condolences. 🙏

IMHO, one of the failings is that there is not a means to "reset strikes" short of getting fully suspended and taking the 2-week timeout. I actually had 1 strike left and intentionally took the last knowing I'd get the 2-week timeout because I wanted it to happen at a time of my choosing - not while I was on a major trip.

These strikes really need to disappear after some timeframe of "good" driving, maybe only last a month.

Did it come back after exactly 2 weeks?