Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens to the aero wheels when I purchase the upgraded sport wheel package?

Winter set + aftermarket or sport wheel upgrade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aeros for winter would boost your range a little at a time when range is normally decreasing significantly due to cold and snow.

The standard tire is usually all weather M&S so you could try a winter with them and see how it goes.

Sport wheels would probably come with summer performance tires, if the X and S are any indication. You'd have to get winter tires.

It seems like you can find third party sport wheels/tires at a better price than the Tesla upgrade.

I'd try the aeros to start and then get after market sport wheels with summer tires if you feel like it later.

Reactions: Hixson
I agree @Trips - seems like the wheel upgrade from Tesla really only makes a ton of sense for people living south or coastal. Here in the Midwest, snow tires are pretty important - don't feel like you can spend $1500 AND buy aftermarket wheel and tire for winter...

BTW here is a picture that is supposed to be the Aero wheels with the covers removed:
Tesla-Model-3-leak-cover-MAIN.jpg

I think so too - I just wonder what kind of a price they would pull. My current car is a 2015 Camaro and when I bought my aftermarket wheels the stock ones with just 10,000 miles on them had trouble moving at $400 for the set. Id imagine Aeros will be going well under $1000 don't you think?