Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What has changed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My '17 had heated seats but weren't vented, I really like the cooling here in south Texas haha! Also came from MCU1 so the new one is light years quicker.

I miss the free supercharging I had and now that the weather is starting to cool off I think I'm going to miss the sunroof.

You'll miss that all of the controls from the steering wheel stalk have been removed. This is a show stopper for me, so I would take a look at the Taycan.
This is the one thing I hate the most. I have adapted but still it is a miss that they carried over to the new 3. It clearly isn't an improvement and if you have to do 3 point turns a lot, you aren't going to like it. OTOH, Enhance Auto (makers of S3XY buttons) is supposedly working on a fix.

Other than that, the car is vastly better than the previous versions. You might miss USS (parking sensors). Mine is a 2022 so the last year they had them. The new ones have ventilated seats which is a big plus in Texas. Overall quieter, much quicker, better ride quality, vastly better headlights.

I never wanted a pano roof and I'd prefer a metal or CF one. Again in Texas, it lets in a ton of heat. I'd take a sunroof with a normal roof any day over the pano roof. If I am stuck with the pano roof, add a sunroof into it.

Thanks for the information.

I live in Chicago, so cold weather performance is important to me.

One thing I was told when I was at the Tesla location looking at the car was that cold weather range has greatly improved. No longer losing 20-40% in cold weather but less than 5%. Is this your experience?

Thanks for the information.

I live in Chicago, so cold weather performance is important to me.

One thing I was told when I was at the Tesla location looking at the car was that cold weather range has greatly improved. No longer losing 20-40% in cold weather but less than 5%. Is this your experience?
The heatpump helps but I think you are looking at least a 10% hit. Could be more if really cold. Still far better than any other company out there. Obviously, preconditioning helps.

Reactions: hydro
I moved from a 2020 Performance to a 2023 Plaid. I think it is a completely different car. Performance aside, It is quieter, feels more solid, better cameras, better software, bigger screen etc... I have gotten used to the no stalk controls somewhat. It really feels like a better built car. Vented and heated seats are a definite upgrade. The Tesla Vision is ok and I dont find it as bad as most think. My 2020 had the US Sensors.

The Auto wiper situation is a joke. It is extremely bad. My thumb is the automatic sensor.

Had a 2017 Model S 100D and now have a Plaid with Yoke. As much as I loved my old Model S, the new one is soooo much better. When I drive our Model Y, I'm constantly reaching for the touchscreen for the shifter. Hopefully that'll be a software update to enable it on all Tesla's.

Of all the big purchases I've bought, this is the first one I haven't second guessed. It's just awesome. Familiar, but improved in every way!

keep in mind that your tires lose air in the cold and that will impact your mileage as well. Mine can drop 2psi in 30F drop.
In general, tires lose air over time.

They don't lose air because of the cold however. The air pressure in tires drops because the air is colder and hence denser, that's why the pressure drops, not because the tires lose air.

Simple test, note your tire pressure when cold and then after driving some time enough to warm the tires, now check the air pressure - you'll see the air pressure has increased. Air was NOT added to the tire as you drove, it simply heated and expanded thus showing a higher air pressure.