Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this keycard icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20220912-133830_One UI Home.jpg

I tried searching, I didn't find much. Just noticed this today, what is the little key/card icon next to the security icon? I have been having trouble with phone key lately, and rebooted the screen this morning.

Yep, I started having phone as key issues recently too... I think it coincides roughly with the Android 13 update. Initially people were suggesting not to upgrade and I had no issues but I eventually developed issues. I have to cycle bluetooth for my app to work now sometimes. Still on app version 4.11.x, and from your experience @orntar upgrading my app won't fix it... I'll have to play around some more with the various Android settings for battery saving. I did already and haven't seen anything relevant but I'll go through again.

It is a newer samsung. I have had absolutly no phone key issues until about 3-4 weeks ago. Had the car about a year. Just very annoying. Hopefully it is car software related and will be fixed.
It is/was a Android 13 issue. I had the problem initially when I upgraded from the Beta 13 I was running on my Pixel 6 Pro to the public build. It is much better now, I'm running the latest Android 13 developer build. As long as I allow the app to run in the back ground I have not had any issues. A13 is more aggressive in killing applications running in the background which is what has caused the problems in the first place.