Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got home and found this on the driveway. Look around the car, but didn’t see anything obvious. Found some inscription on the part
D07F7CC1-95F8-4784-86FE-7278B3374911.jpeg

Attachments

• CDEFD730-BCC2-4E01-9D83-D7C4540A35E4.jpeg
    CDEFD730-BCC2-4E01-9D83-D7C4540A35E4.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 479F4581-ECB1-41C1-991C-2D8C4979C41C.jpeg
    479F4581-ECB1-41C1-991C-2D8C4979C41C.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 58
Just got home and found this on the driveway. Look around the car, but didn’t see anything obvious. Found some inscription on the part View attachment 711444
Google Lens gave me the following link with pictures of that part:
image_7453469061492840824240.jpg

냉장고부품/냉장실 결빙/삼성전자 냉장고(제상수라인)개선품

Throwing it into google translate, I found it's some air cap for a Samsung Refridgerator.

And sure enough with a quick search I found it:
61qTVdjcHZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: OEM Samsung Refrigerator Cap Drain Tube For RF20HFENBBC/AA, RF20HFENBSP/AA, RF20HFENBSR/AA, RF20HFENBWW/AA, RSA1DTPE1/XES : Cell Phones & Accessories

Unless Tesla is using Samsung parts in their cars, I don't think it's part of the car. The only drain tube I can think of is for the AC, like there is a place where a drain tube comes out that might use a similar part, but I find it unlikely:
Mold/Vinegar Smell from A/C

Throwing it into google translate, I found it's some air cap for a Samsung Refridgerator.

Amazon.com: OEM Samsung Refrigerator Cap Drain Tube For RF20HFENBBC/AA, RF20HFENBSP/AA, RF20HFENBSR/AA, RF20HFENBWW/AA, RSA1DTPE1/XES : Cell Phones & Accessories

Unless Tesla is using Samsung parts in their cars, I don't think it's part of the car. The only drain tube I can think of is for the AC, like there is a place where a drain tube comes out that might use a similar part, but I find it unlikely:
Great find!!! You my friend are a Google Pro!!

Google Pro - ha! Solving that was the easy part of this mystery. The object in your picture was obviously made by a left handed man with a limp. You can tell by the microscopic scratches on the bottom of the plastic that are in the opposite direction to those on the cap. If you look closely, there is a slight indentation on the top of the cap that became more pronounced as it pressed against the inside of the man's pocket when he limped. He was obviously running away from something when it fell out of his pocket, landing on your driveway. There don't happen to be an unsolved murders in your neighborhood are there?

I thought I’m good at google,there is always someone better. I indeed have a service person came by to checkout a fridge on Friday.

How long is your driveway? Could it have come from a passing vehicle with a fridge in the back? Or maybe your car picked it up off the highway, and it fell out of the wheel well or something when you got home.
I just remember we had someone to come out to check out our fridge on Friday. Confirmed with Tesla that it wasn’t part of the car.