TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What is this?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Wynn, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Wynn

Wynn Member

in the third row, along the base of the window are two hinged flaps. What are these? Is it a place to hook in a cargo cover or something?

2. swesson

swesson Member

According to my DS, It was supposed to be a cargo cover, but they decided not to make it.

• Informative x 1
  3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Do new Xs still have those little child finger traps? Maybe the fabled five seater will have a cargo cover.

4. Wynn

Wynn Member

Mine is brand new, so... yes they are still there. I wonder why Evanexx didn't utilize it for their aftermarket cargo cover.

5. Wynn

Wynn Member

Next question. In the trunk, on the driver side wall there is a rectangular hole. It looks like something is supposed to be there and they forgot to install it. Any idea?

Attached Files:

6. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

I asked the same in a different thread and was told it's how to get to the charger components to manually release the cable in case of failure.

• Informative x 1