Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you believe I don't miss it?

IMG_2767.JPG

Reactions: Don TLR
O.K. I'll say it. My name is Clay and I was a gasaholic. I gave away a 1998 Honda Accord with 495,000 miles, white paint job (easy to maintain), I invested the money to have the tranny re-built at 365K cause the car was still in great shape and kept it because I was waiting for perfected EV's to come over the horizon. At first I had hopes on the LEAF but the battery just came up lacking in too many ways. Also add to the list of vehicles removed from the garage is a 1997 Ford F-150 with barely 125K on the odometer, my late dad's truck, I drove it about twice a month for odd material pick ups since 2000. I gave it to a fellow Coast Guard retiree, it's still available for the odd homer jobs. I have maintained automobiles and aircraft for going on 45 years and I will admit I am tired of oil changes, radiator changes, alternators, catalytic converters, numerous brake pads, engine mounts, block heaters, timing belts / water pumps, buying gas sometimes twice a week, I am just plain tired and have seen the light of minimal maintenance transportation. For me it wasn't about status or sports car attributes or the name on the car it was about the pure simpleness of the machine. One more added plus is that my garage is cooler in the afternoons here in Lower Alabama after I park the car inside instead of parking a gasser with the associated heat in the summer time, I keep my garage doors closed at all times. When we replace the wife's gasser I will give away my oil change tools and ramps and be totally free from oil in the garage. Oh happy day.

I drove my last car until it was all done, a 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon. I got an M3 because I wanted something truly different and no longer worry about carting around my kids. Now my M3 carts around me and my dog as my daily driver.
So true on the Honda, if maintained they run forever. My adult son say's I am Fred Flintstone morphing into George Jetson.

Last edited: