Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly modified 335is convertible with under 50k miles. I will miss that top down action a little bit.

DFE8D4A4-D593-4F04-94CE-7D90BDF5B7EA.jpeg

i am curious cause many prob feel its Prius and Volt/Leaf owners but I have a feeling many sportscar owners switched to the M3.

Please list what car you used to drive or sold to get the model 3 and which model 3 you bought !

I sold my BMW M4 and I’m glad I did... I have awd m3 long range but with many mods already .
M3 AWD replaced a Toyota Prius
MX 100D replaced a Toyota Sienna

Reactions: house9
Will be replacing a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT392 redline red, black interior with red seat belts,hellcat air intake, billet catch can, Barton short throw shifter, 3D spider mats, and husky trunk mats with 20k mi. 2nd set of tires. Always hand washed and garage kept, never saw wet weather. M3 is not going to get the same amount of love coz it's going to be driving kids around.

2011 Infiniti G37 AWD to Model 3 Perf. The Infiniti was bulletproof - literally zero repairs after 70K miles. However, the AWD model wasn’t as engaging handling-wise and the engine/trans occasionally had some serious lag. The car looked really dated.

Now I feel like I have a 4-door supercar that doesn’t need. Love it.

2017 Chevy volt. I loved that car. Will probably buy a used one soon

The poor Volts. I had a 2011, and I still think it was an awesome car that in many ways is more advanced and better thought out than my Model 3. It definitely had better build quality and customer service. But alas, it couldn't overcome being tainted from being caught in the crossfire of silly government political battles.

Reactions: BR666T
The poor Volts. I had a 2011, and I still think it was an awesome car that in many ways is more advanced and better thought out than my Model 3. It definitely had better build quality and customer service. But alas, it couldn't overcome being tainted from being caught in the crossfire of silly government political battles.

More importantly it was never sold properly to the masses. I can't tell you how many Chevy salespeople didn't even understand the concept of switching to gas after the battery ran out

I traded in my 2017 Legacy 3.6R (tungsten) for my Model 3 LR-AWD (red). This is faster and handles better :) but the Subaru was not bad for what it is. Tesla was generous with my trade by giving me what seemed to be book value. The only pictures they asked for, IIRC, were of the odometer.

The Model 3 joins our 2019 Subaru Ascent (also red) with 7 seats for when our son and his family visit.