Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of Wh/mi are you guys getting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 12.17.48 PM.png

I actually have 4300 miles on the odometer, took a month break from teslafi.

This is on PUP with 20" induction wheels.

I think the EPA tests should be re-evaluated for EVs and perhaps ICE vehicles to reflect more realistic driving conditions. These inflated efficiency ratings just help the car manufacturers score bragging points, and comply with government minimum mpg(e) standards. They only help the consumer if the customer is aware of the test standards and adjusts their expectations accordingly.

It is designed to give a relative comparison and is accurate for that.

Also, 65-70 on the highway is a fantasy for many in day to day operations. On one of my commutes getting up to 50 in pre-Covid days would have been flying along. A more typical day was 30-40 down 10 to stopped for 30 miles each way. And there were tens of thousands of people in other cars having the same experience.

250-260 is likely if you drive it like a Prius. Most people will be around 280 after the car "breaks in." This is all with the gemini wheels.
I would agree with this. I get around 225 Wh/mi with the Model 3 during warm weather and with the MY averaging 250-275 Wh/mi. Gemini wheels. Don't expect to see this vary too much until the colder weather where I'm hoping the heat pump helps.
With the M3 I get around 300 Wh/mi in the winter.

Reactions: Pilot1226
Distance: 655.5
Consumption: 158 kWh
Average: 241 Wh/mi

LR AWD with 19” T-Sportline Falcon Wheels

About 60% freeway and 40% 30-40 mph roads. It has been coming down gradually so I think maybe the tires breaking in, less sticky, has helped as I drive the same commute everyday. I’ve averaged 238 Wh/mi since my last charge 146 miles ago. And the last 24 miles driven was at 230 Wh/mi average.

My M3 midrange averaged 222 Wh/mi over 15,000 miles when I traded it in. Pretty happy with the mileage so far.

theHave had my 2020 M3 LR Dual motor w/18" wheels since March 2020. I Love it! I admit to some (well many!) launches showing off. never gets old! My drives consist of highway going 65-70 mph, some county roads going under 55 mph, and lately highway trips with two 14.5 ft kayaks on the rack (as seen in my profile pic) of over 150 mi going 65-70 mph.

Believe this or not, but my Wh/mi with the kayaks and going 65 mph shows about 260-270. The kayaks are hydrodynamic so in turn aerodynamic I suppose and aren't a big hit on range.

My total trip data since taking delivery is:
Distance: 7,553 miles
Consumption: 2,052 kWh
Average: 272 Wh/mi

I find if I keep my speed below 70 mph on the highway with only the bare roof rack I see about 250 Wh/mi.

I installed a tow hitch to carry 3 bikes on an Allen receiver bike rack, and that is way less efficient showing more like 300-310 Wh/mi going the same 65-70 mph highway. The bikes are like dragging a drogue chute I'm guessing!

I've learned to watch battery percentage, current Wh/mi, and the Energy graph together to keep aware of my range. I can use the number of 33-35 miles range per 10% battery charge and be pretty close.

Believe this or not, but my Wh/mi with the kayaks and going 65 mph shows about 260-270. The kayaks are hydrodynamic so in turn aerodynamic I suppose and aren't a big hit on range.

I’ve been trying to find someone who is hauling kayaks on top! What’s your estimated total range carrying two of them?

And what kind of hardware are you using to mount everything?