Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some talk on boards like InvestorsHub about how Crede may have screwed NAVB with the deal they made. Personally I find this to be just the rumor mill, but something is definitely taking the stock down. Seems to be in a holding pattern at the moment which is probably a great buying opportunity before they get EU approval.

Just a reminder to my CREE people. Earnings is AH today. Good Luck to us all.
I am not looking for a blow out, I am just looking for them not to tank again after this ER. CREE is much like Tesla and is at 100x future earnings, so when it moves, it move violently.
Disclaimer: Because how violently CREE can move I own LEAPS, I am not playing short term bets. Furthermore, I have also pointed out in the past that Cree is a 5-10 year Buy and Hold due to the massive potential market share it can one day obtain being an industry leader with a long future ahead of it.

I've seen some talk on boards like InvestorsHub about how Crede may have screwed NAVB with the deal they made. Personally I find this to be just the rumor mill, but something is definitely taking the stock down. Seems to be in a holding pattern at the moment which is probably a great buying opportunity before they get EU approval.

Hi Clemson,
I personally think that Crede lent his shares out to shorts and they just flooded the market. It's a good screw to shareholders, but it doesn't affect the company fundamentally-
1)they have 30 million cash on hand
2)they have no need to access cash from the stock market

I'm not happy about it, but I don't think I'd pull the cord unless there was scientific data that said their product wasn't the best.

Hi Clemson,
I personally think that Crede lent his shares out to shorts and they just flooded the market. It's a good screw to shareholders, but it doesn't affect the company fundamentally-
1)they have 30 million cash on hand
2)they have no need to access cash from the stock market

I'm not happy about it, but I don't think I'd pull the cord unless there was scientific data that said their product wasn't the best.

I'm not planning on pulling the plug yet as I bought Jan '15 LEAPS due to the constant downward pressure the stock has had. Seemed like it would have less risk involved short term. So far its paying off. I would like to buy shares though once this madness stops. The more I read though on InvestorsHub and InvestorVillage, the more I believe this Crede rumor.

I'm not planning on pulling the plug yet as I bought Jan '15 LEAPS due to the constant downward pressure the stock has had. Seemed like it would have less risk involved short term. So far its paying off. I would like to buy shares though once this madness stops. The more I read though on InvestorsHub and InvestorVillage, the more I believe this Crede rumor.

Yeah you're prob right about the crede rumor being true, but it hurts. i'm watching my tesla and apple gains being chewed up by NAVB. I think another reason for the downward price is the lack of an announcement on a European partner. They were supposed to announce that, but the absence of announcing that is worse than giving us an update as it suggests something is wrong.

posted a while back lots of new tech for alcoa for processing aluminum and stock is really moving now up to 9.5 was 7.8 not too long ago, merrits another look. many people think that alcoa makes aluminum (and they do) but the division that makes products from it is smoking. i never realized they make the armour for tanks and now have a new process to make a single mold tank without welds that only strengthens it. car industry with aluminum wheels stronger than current ones, and aircraft industry

posted a while back lots of new tech for alcoa for processing aluminum and stock is really moving now up to 9.5 was 7.8 not too long ago, merrits another look. many people think that alcoa makes aluminum (and they do) but the division that makes products from it is smoking. i never realized they make the armour for tanks and now have a new process to make a single mold tank without welds that only strengthens it. car industry with aluminum wheels stronger than current ones, and aircraft industry

Well cree just got hosed by 15%. They were expecting to take in 0.44 per share next quarter but guided to .38-0.41. I had my shares hedged out with 70 strike january contracts, but now that it's fallen from 74 to 63 that's a loss even with the hedging.

Yup future guidance blows Cree out of the water again. I would expect it to fall back into the mid 50s just like it did last time. Looks like another 3 months of playing cheerleader. If it gets back into the 50s and I go back to break even i will for sure be adding to my position. These market reactions are just over done. I thought about taking profits and never pulled the trigger. It hurt, but I stand by Cree and expect a rebound.

Funny how the stock hits $76 then get a ER crash. now it hits 75.98 and gets another ER crash. I just might have to sell out next time it hit $76 haha. (Or take the risk and hope for a breakout)

I am 0-3 this earnings season. All 3 were beats, but guidance dropped the hammer on all 3.

Last edited:
I think you are overreacting with the CREE 50's prediction. Support seems strong in the 63 range after hours and i think after hours will be an over reaction. The guidance isn't that much lower than expected, 400 compared to 414 million. I think you'd need another bad quarter to see it fall that far. I was pretty certain I'd pick up shares at 58/59 for a bounce play.

I think you are overreacting with the CREE 50's prediction. Support seems strong in the 63 range after hours and i think after hours will be an over reaction. The guidance isn't that much lower than expected, 400 compared to 414 million. I think you'd need another bad quarter to see it fall that far. I was pretty certain I'd pick up shares at 58/59 for a bounce play.
I listened to the cc. I continue to be impressed. I thought the biggest threat would be gross margin on products but it held quite well despite more competition. Street lamps and competitive pricing with energy star rating will help as well. As CEO stated less than 1% of sockets have LEDs in us. I will add to position and consider a long term investment. Not worried about a single earnings drop. If you can stomach tesla you can handle Cree

After hours it peaked at $2.27 and settled down to $2.24, so you're in the green as of right now.
Oh that's sweet. I've got like a fifth of my money in NAVB, only Tesla and IMGN Immunogen (with one of the best anti cancer drugs ever produced) have larger proportions. My tesla losses from today might be offset if navb stays up tomorrow.

So in relationship to that pop- it looks like there was steady selling for the past week, but surprisingly the moment the selling stopped it popped up. I find that interesting because it means that it wasn't short selling, it was a long with a tremendously large position getting out. My take is that if it were short selling, they would be trying to hold the price down for a longer time.

Oh that's sweet. I've got like a fifth of my money in NAVB, only Tesla and IMGN Immunogen (with one of the best anti cancer drugs ever produced) have larger proportions. My tesla losses from today might be offset if navb stays up tomorrow.

So in relationship to that pop- it looks like there was steady selling for the past week, but surprisingly the moment the selling stopped it popped up. I find that interesting because it means that it wasn't short selling, it was a long with a tremendously large position getting out. My take is that if it were short selling, they would be trying to hold the price down for a longer time.

I'm almost certain it was someone with a large position slowly getting out from what I've read. People have been noticing that shares were selling in chunks of 100 several times a minute. Sounds like they're trying to either drop the price on purpose over an extended period, or (the less of a conspiracy theory of the two) they wanted out but didn't want to tank the price by selling their holding quickly.

I'm almost certain it was someone with a large position slowly getting out from what I've read. People have been noticing that shares were selling in chunks of 100 several times a minute. Sounds like they're trying to either drop the price on purpose over an extended period, or (the less of a conspiracy theory of the two) they wanted out but didn't want to tank the price by selling their holding quickly.

Looks like someone shorted the snot right out of that rise. Oh well. I'm in for another 500 shares just to feel like i got in at this price.