Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What tires are you running?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have put on about 6000km with the Nokian One tires since Sept 1st. They replaced the original Michelin Primacy tires. The Nokians are noticeably quieter than the Michelins. We liked the 130,000 km treadwear rating and the price was quite reasonable. They also seem to offer a bit better protection from curb rash than did the Michelins. The rolling resistance (range) seems similar to the Michelins. We are pleased with the tires so far.

Reactions: chinney
We have put on about 6000km with the Nokian One tires since Sept 1st. They replaced the original Michelin Primacy tires. The Nokians are noticeably quieter than the Michelins. We liked the 130,000 km treadwear rating and the price was quite reasonable. They also seem to offer a bit better protection from curb rash than did the Michelins. The rolling resistance (range) seems similar to the Michelins. We are pleased with the tires so far.
That has been our experience as well. Nokian One tires are somewhat overlooked in a lot of the discussions here, but after doing a fair bit of research online, I felt that they would be a good choice, and so far I am very pleased..

That has been our experience as well. Nokian One tires are somewhat overlooked in a lot of the discussions here, but after doing a fair bit of research online, I felt that they would be a good choice, and so far I am very pleased..
Still feel good about the Nokian One's? I am in a minor quandary. I have another Nokian tire, the WR-G4.Although they have been good in all areas, the are down to 3/32 with 22K miles on them. No, they are not like the Nokian One's I have been told. I am thinking about getting a set. How are they holding up?

Still feel good about the Nokian One's? I am in a minor quandary. I have another Nokian tire, the WR-G4.Although they have been good in all areas, the are down to 3/32 with 22K miles on them. No, they are not like the Nokian One's I have been told. I am thinking about getting a set. How are they holding up?

The Nokian One is a very different tire from the WR G4. The Nokian One is not an all-weather tire, but is an all-season. That means for this part of the world it is a three season tire, since unlike the WR G4 it is not suitable for heavy snow or ice. On the other hand, the Nokian One is supposed to be longer wearing and to have better efficiency than the WR G4.

My experience with the Nokian One tire so far has been excellent. I had them on from May to the end of October, before I switched, as usual, to my dedicated winter tires. I had complete confidence in them when they were on my Model 3. And although I would not drive them in extreme winter weather, my understanding from online info I have looked at is that they are better than most all-seasons for at least light-duty winter conditions. So if you are in coastal Oregon, they might be fine all year long. If though you are in the mountains or head into the mountains on a regular basis, then it might be better to stick with all-weather tires.

Good comments. We don't go up into the snow anymore and in the Willamette Valley up to Portland, so far a very mild winter ( climate change I believe) some rain and above normal temps. the One sounds like the tire for me, but I still have the OEM MIchelin Mxm4's with less than 800 miles on them sitting in the shed.Due to my parsimonious leanings, I might just put the stock tires back on and get some use out of them...not sure right now, but THANKS~

I bought a set of Michelin CrossClimate 2 a few weeks back when I hit 21k on the odometer. I could have gotten a few more miles on the 18" OEM MXM4's but they had lost most their tread and with winter and snow coming I figured it was time. I drive a little on the aggressive side (love acceleration boost and max regen!) but was still surprised at how quickly the OEM tires went through tread and and they also slipped quite a bit in wet weather when accelerating from a stop which was annoying.

My main priorities for new tires were an all weather tire since I didn't want to deal with changing out snow tires every year, good grip in snow/rain, good braking, decent performance, and good tread life. The CrossClimate 2 checked all the boxes for me and after 2k miles I am very happy with them. The one downside is that I took a big hit in efficiency but I knew I would in advance and this was the trade off I was willing to make to have all of the other things I wanted, it cost me somewhere around 60 wh/mi more just ballparking it however I heard it improves somewhat after 5k miles. I use my car mainly to go to and from work which is about 50 miles roundtrip so the decreased range doesn't matter to me as I still have plenty and I also get free daily charging at work so the inneficiency doesn't cost me any $$ either. All in all very happy with the crossclimates 2s

Interesting conti procontact rx tested 0-50 in 101 ft (wet) and 83 ft.(dry) and on tiretrack.

Nice find. Here is the test with Procontact RX vs Turanza EV:

They used a Model 3 Performance for this test and I just realized they did for this test below.

Pirelli vs Goodyear:

But these older tests show M3LR and NOT the M3P:

MXM4 vs CC2

Dang, I just noticed this change. So its 18s vs 19s...

The Nokian One is a very different tire from the WR G4. The Nokian One is not an all-weather tire, but is an all-season. That means for this part of the world it is a three season tire, since unlike the WR G4 it is not suitable for heavy snow or ice. On the other hand, the Nokian One is supposed to be longer wearing and to have better efficiency than the WR G4.

My experience with the Nokian One tire so far has been excellent. I had them on from May to the end of October, before I switched, as usual, to my dedicated winter tires. I had complete confidence in them when they were on my Model 3. And although I would not drive them in extreme winter weather, my understanding from online info I have looked at is that they are better than most all-seasons for at least light-duty winter conditions. So if you are in coastal Oregon, they might be fine all year long. If though you are in the mountains or head into the mountains on a regular basis, then it might be better to stick with all-weather tires.
"I had them on from May to the end of October, before I switched." How many kms have you logged on your Nokian Ones so far? I need to replace my Michelin Primacy, but KalTire said they won't put the Nokian One on my 2018 M3 because the speed rating is only V and not W. I don't think this will be an issue because the load (98XL) is the more important spec and we don't drive over the speed limit anyway (except briefly to pass).

Sorry, but I did not log the exact milage during the time period I had them on this past year. My guess, based on my driving during that time, is about 12,000 km or so.

The V vs W rating should not matter unless you are planning to do track driving because in ordinary driving you will not be going anywhere near W or V speeds (240 km/h (V), 270 km/h (W)). Or at least I certainly hope you will no be driving those speeds on public roads. Frisby Tire in Ottawa had no issues putting them on my Model 3 LR despite the very slightly lower speed rating than the OEM tires. Frisby in Ottawa has now been taken over by Kal (just a few weeks after I had those Nokian's put on) - I wonder if they will give me any issues about it when I ask them to put them back on in the Spring. I doubt it, since they are putting on tire that were already on the car last year and that I purchased from the same location, albeit when it was under different ownership.

Anyway, in your own case, just ask again if they will put them on and if they don't, see if you can find the tires online and get some other garage to put them on.

Last edited:
Michelin CrossClimate 2 235 /40 R19 96V

Been happy with them so far. A little noisy at speed, but they handle well and grip well in inclement weather which is important where I live.

20240130_193810.jpg

I bought Crossclimate 2 tires recently, prioritizing safety. 2020 Model 3 LR 18".

Q: How many Wh/mi are y'all seeing with them? Vs. your original tires?

In the first couple hundred miles, I'm seeing ≈250 Wh/mi on freeway trips and 300-400 Wh/mi on local streets. That seems like a big difference but I didn't watch for that difference on the original MXM4 tires, which averaged 254 Wh/mi total.

Anyway this suggests the road trip efficiency (where it matters) will be about the same as the original tires, which is better than I expected.

I bought Crossclimate 2 tires recently, prioritizing safety. 2020 Model 3 LR 18".

In the first couple hundred miles, I'm seeing ≈250 Wh/mi on freeway trips and 300-400 Wh/mi on local streets. That seems like a big difference but I didn't watch for that difference on the original MXM4 tires, which averaged 254 Wh/mi total.
Sounds backwards - you sure about those figures?