Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do: New 2016 MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't imagine being one of the early purchasers of FSD and paying for future promises that havent fully materialized and now kinda being treated as a 2nd class citizen behind the newer versions i.e. AP2.5, 2018+ models). Very infuriating and would drive me crazy.

Let me get this straight- you do NOT get additional warranty when buying used CPO from Tesla by more?

Sorry, about the lack of clarity. It is my understanding you get an additional 4 years/ 80000 km from date of your purchase.

Some vehicles though they sell with 2 year/ 40 000 km , and some seemingly with none. It appears this is based on how many km are currently on the vehicle.

There is also no CPO anymore. It really is a pain. They tell you any issues you find, just book a service appt. not so easy when you live 4 hrs away. They do not a full detail the vehicle either. They clean and vacuum, but no don’t polish.

Reactions: rjdoc74
Sorry, about the lack of clarity. It is my understanding you get an additional 4 years/ 80000 km from date of your purchase.

Some vehicles though they sell with 2 year/ 40 000 km , and some seemingly with none. It appears this is based on how many km are currently on the vehicle.

There is also no CPO anymore. It really is a pain. They tell you any issues you find, just book a service appt. not so easy when you live 4 hrs away. They do not a full detail the vehicle either. They clean and vacuum, but no don’t polish.

They don’t clean / vacuum, my CPO has leaves everywhere - and even some old fries.
I think they do the kind of clean you do when handing in a rental, grab the big stuff and flee.

Ok thanks. I was just wondering. I bought an inventory MX 2016 four years ago VIN 25xx. It was a nightmare. Vehicle spent 43 days in the shop in the first 9 month of ownership. Tesla eventually bought it back. Subsequently, I purchased 2018 MXP which is a significantly better made vehicle.

You guys keep talking about how low you can buy these 2016s and this makes me cringe. And if they have no warranty??? OMG. Can’t even imagine. Tesla has made a 360 on warranty repairs and is now trying to deny everything. Read some of the posts of people trying to get off warranty repairs. Over $5k for AC repair, etc etc. I would never own any Tesla without warranty. Let alone 2016. Good luck.

49,999 and under, you get 4 year warranty, 50k+ youbget a 2 year warranty. My 16MX was pretty filthy when i picked up last month, which doesn'tmake any sense since it 4 weeks for delivery of a used car which i picked up. I got my sales advisor to authorize a detail, but all it was a quick vacuum and a wipe down which was done at the SC.

Although, i really like driving the MX, the dirtiness ruined the new car buying experience. Hated doing it but I eventually just forked up $120 for a real detail.