Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do while waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I test drove the S on 10/3, placed order on 10/5, confirmed order on 10/10. I asked for factory tour and pickup Dec 27th. I am an instant gratification type guy so this waiting down right sucks! I could have got the car earlier but I am paying cash and needed the extra time before delivery but still in 2013 for tax credit.

I have already watched about every video their is online, checked out all the sites I could find and read all the posts that interested me. Now what, how did any of you make it thru this wait :scared:!

So I test drove the S on 10/3, placed order on 10/5, confirmed order on 10/10. I asked for factory tour and pickup Dec 27th. I am an instant gratification type guy so this waiting down right sucks! I could have got the car earlier but I am paying cash and needed the extra time before delivery but still in 2013 for tax credit.

I have already watched about every video their is online, checked out all the sites I could find and read all the posts that interested me. Now what, how did any of you make it thru this wait :scared:!

Could you tell us more about your config....?

I've spent my time getting everything ready! Charging outlet (did that the first weekend). Got all the forms for my CA carpool sticker and local parking permit. Lately it's been detailing supplies (microfiber mitt, clay bar, grit guard for bucket, California duster, Glare Professional polish, microfiber towel). Got the LED license plate lights ready. Trying to save other things for later:
Wheel/TESLA decals
License plate frame "Made in America, Pure Electric Speed"
LED lighting for Frunk/Trunk
8 days left......

Could you tell us more about your config....?

S85 | Silver | Leather | Pano | Tech |Fog Lights | Parking Sensors | High Fidelity Sound | CF Decor | Parcel Shelf | 19" Wheels

- - - Updated - - -

I've spent my time getting everything ready! Charging outlet (did that the first weekend). Got all the forms for my CA carpool sticker and local parking permit. Lately it's been detailing supplies (microfiber mitt, clay bar, grit guard for bucket, California duster, Glare Professional polish, microfiber towel). Got the LED license plate lights ready. Trying to save other things for later:
Wheel/TESLA decals
License plate frame "Made in America, Pure Electric Speed"
LED lighting for Frunk/Trunk
8 days left......

Home already has Solar, already had a Nema 6-50 in perfect location in garage (previously for welder). I already have all the car detailing stuff and I used to own my own Window Tinting shop (Now work in IT from home office) so covered on those fronts.

Thinking about license plate frame "When I stop for gas its cause I have to fart! LMAO, wife not thinking thats too funny since she will be daily driving it to work.

S85 | Silver | Leather | Pano | Tech |Fog Lights | Parking Sensors | High Fidelity Sound | CF Decor | Parcel Shelf | 19" Wheels

- - - Updated - - -

Home already has Solar, already had a Nema 6-50 in perfect location in garage (previously for welder). I already have all the car detailing stuff and I used to own my own Window Tinting shop (Now work in IT from home office) so covered on those fronts.

Thinking about license plate frame "When I stop for gas its cause I have to fart! LMAO, wife not thinking thats too funny since she will be daily driving it to work.

Ah, okay nice config and color--huge congrats!

Just curious did you test drive the S or P?

Also, always curious as to what car you are coming out of?

I test drove the P. Yes it was that and a bag of chips. Do I want it, hell yeah!. I even had an inventory car offered at a $10,000 reduction but still could not swing it once it had all the taxes and crap adding in. If I was driving it daily it would have been a P+ but for the wife not needed. Maybe an after market inverter or we go for the X in P trim down the road to get my speed fix! Racing motorcycles for years none of these cars really have much on what I am used to but none the less they are very impressive for their weight and size.

Currently we have a ML350 this will be replacing.

I test drove the P. Yes it was that and a bag of chips. Do I want it, hell yeah!. I even had an inventory car offered at a $10,000 reduction but still could not swing it once it had all the taxes and crap adding in. If I was driving it daily it would have been a P+ but for the wife not needed. Maybe an after market inverter or we go for the X in P trim down the road to get my speed fix! Racing motorcycles for years none of these cars really have much on what I am used to but none the less they are very impressive for their weight and size.

Currently we have a ML350 this will be replacing.

I hear you--but I bet you drive the car as much or more than the wife :wink:

Have a look around on forum and think through not getting the P--it's $10K more (and if you got rid of Highend stereo--which is probably a good thing) it's even less. You know you want/neeeeeeeed the P....

Last edited:
I hear you--but I bet you drive the car as much or more than the wife :wink:

Have a look around on forum and think through not getting the P--it's $10K more (and if you got rid of Highend stereo--which is probably a good thing) it's even less. You know you want the P....

I added about 30 grand to my original order. That seems to be a pretty popular way to pass the time around here... :D

I do want the P but I am trying to be reasonable once in my life. I simply can't afford to go with the P. Seriously had to scrape to get what I am ordering. Yes I will drive the crap out of it once wife gets home but she will be putting the major miles on it. That was why I went with 19's as she drives over 20,000 miles a year and already curbed the Mercedes at like 40mph in a turn about, I cringe thinking she may do that to a S.

I can easily see how somebody dumps another $30,000 into a car like this. I would if I could and then some lol

I do want the P but I am trying to be reasonable once in my life. I simply can't afford to go with the P. Seriously had to scrape to get what I am ordering. Yes I will drive the crap out of it once wife gets home but she will be putting the major miles on it. That was why I went with 19's as she drives over 20,000 miles a year and already curbed the Mercedes at like 40mph in a turn about, I cringe thinking she may do that to a S.

I can easily see how somebody dumps another $30,000 into a car like this. I would if I could and then some lol

Yeah. I started out just wanting to get into the car as cheaply as I could. Like many, even the base model was a dimensional leap over my mental spending limit for a car (previously about $60k) Ordered a pretty stripped down S60. Somewhere along the line I got infatuated with the power of the "P" and it was all over . :love:

Shall we look at all of your expenses and see where we can cut back--another $10K is nothing per month in payments.:rolleyes:

Seriously congrats--now the wait.

Subliminal message--P85,P85,P85,P85,P85,P85,P85

Yeah. I started out just wanting to get into the car as cheaply as I could. Like many, even the base model was a dimensional leap over my mental spending limit for a car (previously about $60k) Ordered a pretty stripped down S60. Somewhere along the line I got infatuated with the power of the "P" and it was all over . :love:

Yeah, same here, and I'm not even done yet. Somehow Tesla engineered a magnet that sucks dollars out of your bank account, but nobody's complaining! Seriously, what's not to love?!?!

Man you guys are a bad influence! For me to pull off a P I would have to wait till next spring to get it. I have to have that tax credit with a lack of write offs this year so it just can't be done. I started off looking at the Ford Fusion so this is already a huge step up from my original plans. Maybe a year or two down the road I will trade it for one of the loaner P's. I have already considered that as will probably pick up the X in a couple years and give that to the wife.

Got a call from Tesla this evening. Looks like I will be getting our S a week early! I had the tour setup for the 27th but guess they won't be doing tours that week so picking up on 12/23. One heck of a xmas present it will be! Still a long wait.

Man you guys are a bad influence! For me to pull off a P I would have to wait till next spring to get it. I have to have that tax credit with a lack of write offs this year so it just can't be done. I started off looking at the Ford Fusion so this is already a huge step up from my original plans. Maybe a year or two down the road I will trade it for one of the loaner P's. I have already considered that as will probably pick up the X in a couple years and give that to the wife.

Got a call from Tesla this evening. Looks like I will be getting our S a week early! I had the tour setup for the 27th but guess they won't be doing tours that week so picking up on 12/23. One heck of a xmas present it will be! Still a long wait.

ANY of the Model S's are quicker off the line than almost anything out there but the truly top end sports cars. You're not going to be disappointed no matter what flavor you get. They're all awesome.

I started off ordering an S in late august at the Dania Store. I too wanted to be reasonable, especially, since it is the most i've ever spent on a vehicle. After 2 days of the forum and a return to the store to test drive the P, I changed the order and thought that it would always nag at me that i didn't get that P. Now, the + is nagging at me thanks to TEX! The best advantage, a month earlier delivery. The wait is torturous. You're only escape from the torture: This forum. Congrats on your order!

I started off ordering an S in late august at the Dania Store. I too wanted to be reasonable, especially, since it is the most i've ever spent on a vehicle. After 2 days of the forum and a return to the store to test drive the P, I changed the order and thought that it would always nag at me that i didn't get that P. Now, the + is nagging at me thanks to TEX! The best advantage, a month earlier delivery. The wait is torturous. You're only escape from the torture: This forum. Congrats on your order!

What is it about these cars that causes them to completely take over one's life? I'm typically very (very) "focused" on whatever I do, but this is ridiculous. I'm completely infatuated. I haven't thought about something this much since my wife was pregnant with my first kid. :D :D :D

What is it about these cars that causes them to completely take over one's life? I'm typically very (very) "focused" on whatever I do, but this is ridiculous. I'm completely infatuated. I haven't thought about something this much since my wife was pregnant with my first kid. :D :D :D
bareyb: same here. i tend to do a ton of research on big purchases but this is ridiculous. completely obsessed is putting it too mildly. it's a great cult.