Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering what other people's experience has been like..

Over the last couple days I've received my final invoice, rego registration, and an email that my car is in Australia.
My EDD is still ranging from any time this month, and I've had an email about it being time to pay.

I called up a sales rep about how it works with paying a small sum to begin with to make sure it's going to the right place ect, and he said once the car is 7 days away the amount due will pop up on your account and to not pay before then.
Has anyone had experience with that?

once the car is 7 days away the amount due will pop up on your account and to not pay before then.
Correct. Don't need to pay before then - it does not make any difference. 1week away you get an sms to finalise payment. Ensure Tesla receives cleared funds before delivery date

Also on the delivery day you get a SMS to say car is ready. This means you can go in earlier than your time slot. I got this SMS 2 hrs prior to my time slot so I could have gone in earlier